Chapter twelve: Jealously?

It's been two years since Christine died and nothing much has changed. Erik and I still argue, Gustave is homeschooled now, Meg and Madame Giry left a day after the incident, I started dating a man called (C/N) behind Erik's back so I can try forget that my love for Erik which has somewhat worked and other than that, one new thing about Jac, she has a daughter that she hasn't seen since she was a baby because Jac was taken away from her. So Sweeny Todd without the pies and killing. Today was another day of lectures with Erik. This was the last straw! I can't take it anymore! He was telling me how I need to be more adventurous and how he's getting annoyed that I don't do as I'm told when I have told him multiple times that I can't do it but he just ignores it.

"Jac! I will not continue this argument, just do as I have asked," Erik told me, "this conversation is over!"

He returned to his piano but I didn't leave.

'I can hold my breath. I can bite my tongue. I can stay awake for days if that's what you want.' I told him, 'be your number one.  I can fake a smile. I can force a laugh. I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask. Give you all I am.'

I walked over to the window looking over Coney for, possibly, the last time.

'I can do it, I can do it, I can do it but I'm only human!' I sang turning to Erik, 'and I bleed when I fall down, I'm only human and I crash and I break down. Your words in my head, knives in my heart, you build me up and then I fall apart 'cause I'm only human!'

Erik wasn't even paying attention to a thing I was telling him.

'I can turn it on. Be a good machine.' That got Erik's attention, 'I can hold weight of worlds if that's what you need. Be your everything. I can do it, I can do it, I'll get through it but I'm only human and I bleed when I fall down! I'm only human and I crash and I break down. Your words in my head, knives in my heart, you build me up and then I fall apart 'cause I'm only human!'

I walked up to him as I sang, 'I'm only human, I'm only human, just a little human!'

"This won't change my request Jac," Erik said, "this conversation is over."

'I can take so much until I've had enough. 'Cause I'm only human!' I sang taking my ring off and throwing it in the floor making Erik jump, 'and I bleed when I fall down!'

I walked out the door slamming it shut, 'I'm only human and I crash and I break down! Your words in my head, knives in my heart, you build me up and then I fall apart 'cause I'm only human!'

I walked out of Phantasma, tears streaming down my face. I ran into (C/N) and we hugged while I cried into his shirt.

Erik's POV:

I watched Jac slam the door making me flinch. I've never seen her so angry and I thought my anger issues were bad. I picked up Jac's ring to see that the ruby had fallen out so I quickly searched for it. I found the ruby and put it on my piano next to the ring. I sat down at my piano and thought over what just happened. She was telling me what she can do but... Oh my God! Not as Jac! She was (Y/N) the whole time and I didn't realised! What have I done?