chapter six: boat to America

(A/N: chapter somewhat inspired by film trailer above)
Your POV:

We decided to go to America so I found Madame Giry and told her to get tickets for the boat. They got five tickets for tomorrow morning so we went to bed early. Erik wanted to be alone tonight so I shared the spare room with Gangle. Later that night, I woke up to a bang of a door, I ignored it and went back to sleep but mother nature told me to get up. As I walked to the bathroom, I heard two voices coming from Erik's temporary room. I recognize one of the voices as Erik's but the other one was a voice I thought I'd never hear again...

Christine.

What was she doing here? I just ignored it and left to do what I originally got up to do. I was heading back to bed but I stopped in my tracks when I heard moaning coming from the bedroom. I quickly headed back to bed and tried to get some more sleep.

(Time skip)

"Jac, Gangle, get up, we have to go!" Erik told us.

I was confused about why he called me Jac but then I remembered that we decided to use them instead of our real names so we could get used to them.

"Alright," I groaned.

While Erik and I were waiting for Gangle to get dressed into an outfit I got for him while I was out the other day, I looked out of the kitchen window to see that the sun hadn't even risen yet.

"Desperate to get away from Christine?" I asked.

"Pardon?" He asked.

"Desperate to get away from Christine?" I repeated.

"What does Christine have to do with this?" He asked.

"I'm going to come clean, I heard you and Christine last night," I told him.

Erik was silent but I could see the blush form on his unmasked cheek.

"Don't worry about it Erik," I told him, "I'll keep it quiet."

"Thank you Jac," he said.

"Wow, it's going to be a long process for me to get used to that name," I said.

He gave a small laugh when Gangle came in with his new outfit on.

"Are we ready to go?" Gangle asked.

"Yes," Erik said.

We left the house and made our way to the dockyard where we would meet Madame Giry and Meg. Since we had to walk the whole way, we managed to arrive just before the boat sailed off. We arrived in the room where we'd be staying for the next six weeks.