Chapter fourteen: Change

Erik's POV:

It's been almost a year and a quarter since I confessed my feeling to (Y/N) and I've noticed quite a bit of change. (Y/N) spends a lot more time with Gustave and me, she is sleeping more than she used to, she treats Gustave like he's her own and she's started singing arias that I've written for her. Not Jac. She only plays as Jac three days a week now. She doesn't mind. I was working late tonight on a duet for (Y/N) and I to sing at the end of the season but it was taking longer than I planned. I want it to be a surprise for her. She will rehearse with someone else then, that night, I will take his place. Similar to what I did during Don Juan but I won't kill anyone. That same night, I plan to ask (Y/N) to marry me but, I will do that after the show. I decided to stop for the night and head home. When I arrived, no one was there.

"(Y/N)! Gustave! I'm back!" I called out but no answer.

I walked into the kitchen to see no one there so I went into the living room to see the lights off. When I turned them on, (Y/N) and Gustave jumped out from behind the sofa scaring the life out of me.

"We got him!" Gustave told (Y/N) laughing.

"Yes, we did!" (Y/N) said also laughing.

"That was just cruel," I said.

"Aww, has Mr Destler forgotten what fun is?" (Y/N) asked in a childish voice.

"That's my line, you little thief!" I said.

"Pirate," was her reply.

"Did you decide to do this because I was late home?" I asked.

"Pretty much," (Y/N) and Gustave said in sync.

"Let's have dinner if you haven't already had it," I said.

Shortly after dinner, (Y/N) put Gustave to bed and I took out my drawing kit since I wanted to draw (Y/N) for the first time. (Y/N) came downstairs to see my drawing kit set up on the coffee table.

"What's all this for?" (Y/N) asked.

"I'd like to draw you," I told her, "I have a dress on the bed I'd like you to wear."

She went upstairs to get into the dress while I grabbed a book (Y/N) was reading and waited. She came into the living room wearing the red dress I made her. She looked gorgeous.

"Where do you want me?" She asked

"In that chair," I said pointing to the chair in the corner.

She sat on the chair flattening out her dress.

"Can you put your legs on the chair?" I asked.

(Y/N) did as I asked and leaned on the arm of the chair. I gave her, her book and told her to either look like or actually read the book while I drew her. I started my work focusing on her features carefully to make this drawing perfect. As I came to her face, I noticed that she was smiling. Oh, how I love her smile. It makes her look even more beautiful if that was even possible. I finished with some shading and showed it to her.