Chapter thirteen: return?

"You love me?" She asked.

"I do," I said, "I didn't realise I did until I saw you and your fiance earlier that day. I'm sorry about the way I've treated you for the past twelve years. I've realised that I wasn't arguing with you, I was arguing with Jac. I won't push you to do anything that you can't do. Jac is your character, not mine."

"I forgive you, Erik," (Y/N) said, "I love you too."

"So Gustave told me," I said with a smile.

"I told him not to tell you," (Y/N) said.

"I don't think he had much of a choice after you left (Y/N)," I said caressing her cheek, "but I'm glad he did."

I slowly brought her in for a kiss which she returned without hesitation. I put my arms around her waist bringing her closer while she put her arms around my neck deepening the kiss. We broke for air smiling.

"Pack your things," I told her, "I'll write the note."

She started to pack her things while I wrote a note to (C/N) to say thank you for letting me come and change (Y/N)'s mind. Once she was packed, I helped her climb down the drainpipe and brought her back to Coney.

(Time skip)

I woke up the next morning to see (Y/N) still asleep next to me which was surprising since normally she'd be gone by the time I woke up. I got dressed for the day ahead and woke Gustave for breakfast.

"Did mother come back Papa?" Gustave asked while I was making breakfast.

"She did," I told him, "she's still sleeping so I wouldn't go see her yet."

"What did you say to get her to come back?" He asked.

"I told her the truth," I said turning to him, "I told her that I love her."

"Yay!" Gustave said happily.

I smiled and returned to breakfast not wanting to burn it like I've done many times in the past. Later that day, while I was helping Gustave with his maths, (Y/N), came downstairs.

"No hug for my return home?" She asked.

"Mother!" Gustave said getting up and hugging (Y/N), "I'm so happy you're back!"

"I can tell," (Y/N) said hugging him back.

"Would you like some breakfast (N/N)?" I asked.

"Yes please," she replied.

While I was making (Y/N)'s breakfast in, I noticed that Gustave was teaching (Y/N) to write. I got a peek at her progress and I saw how Gustave was teaching her. Gustave made three dot-to-dot letters for her to go over before letting her practice without it. (Y/N) didn't think of that when she was trying to teach herself back in Paris. Once she ate and got dressed as Jac, we went to Phantasma where everyone was excited to see her again. I brought her up to my office with Gustave to practice a new song with her. This song was going to introduce everyone about Jac's daughter who I've named Joanna.

"I need you now to practice with Peter, Paul and Mary," I told her.

"Alright," (Y/N) said giving me a peck on the lips and standing up.

"Be for you go," I said standing up, took her ring that I fixed and replaced it with the engagement ring she forgot to take off last night, "you may need this."

"Thank you, Erik," she said walking out leaving Gustave and me alone.

(Time skip)

Your POV: