Chapter 6

Y/N's POV

I needed to find Chuck or Minho or literally anyone I could talk to. I needed help. I needed to let it all out.

I sprang up from my bed and swung open my door, but only opened it about a quarter of the way before I realized I had hit someone.

"Oh my god I am so sorry," I said as looked up to see who was there. I was speechless. It was Newt.

Newt's POV

About an hour after I came back to gardening, Minho came over to talk to me.

"You really need to check on Y/N, did you not see her run out of the maze with tears in her eyes? How much of a heartless bastard can you really be?"

I felt the rage from within Minho, and I felt it for myself too.

"Fine," I sighed reluctantly, "I'll go talk to her."

I marched up to her hut and was about to knock when the door swung open and I felt the door hit me like a brick wall.

"Oh my god I am so sorry," she said without looking up. I guess she didn't realize it was me yet.

"Guess I deserved that," I responded. Her eyes were wide open as I spoke, finally realizing who she had hit with the door.

She was speechless. And I don't blame her.

Y/N's POV

I couldn't believe my eyes. Was I dreaming? I had to be. There's no way he would be there. He hates me. He hates me. I kept repeating those words in my mind.

I squeezed my eyes shut in an attempt to wake up from this cruel dream. I heard him chuckle.

"What do you want," I snapped. I felt anger rise from inside me. I was a powder keg about to explode my emotions on to him.

He could tell I was pissed.

"To see if you were ok. I saw you run out of the maze, and I needed to know if you were okay," he responded.

"How dare you show up after this long pretending everything is ok between us. You know damn well it isn't. You can't just walk into my life like this just to walk out again." At this point, I could feel the tears begin to fall. "I can't get used to you being here because I know you're just going to leave, and I don't think I could take another fatal blow like that. I just- I just can't," I said through my sadness.

I felt my body begin to collapse, but I felt Newt catch me. He sank to the ground with me in his arms as he leaned against my hut. I leaned into his chest, and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey, hey I've got you," he said as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Why did you leave me?" I whispered through a sob.

I didn't even realize he was crying until i felt the teardrops in my hair.

We just sat like that, not saying anything until I felt myself drift off to sleep.

I woke up the next morning in my bed. Newt wasn't there. He was gone again. Of course he was gone.

//////////////////////////
ooo beginning to get spicy I know.
hope you're liking it so far!