Chapter 10

so its been a while. thats my b. also this chapter has been finished for like a week im just stupid and forgot to upload. i honestly had no clue what to write and had 0 motivation. but corona has given me lots of time so maybe self improvement!

for the sake of this story some original events r gonna be out of chronological order PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME I KNOW ITS NOT IN ORDER
/////////////////////////////////////////

Y/N's Perspective

I kept sprinting as far and fast as I could. I heard screeches, and I thought they were in my head. I whipped around the corner to see it walking. A griever.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING DOING OUT IN THE DAY. SHIT. shit shit shit shit

I pivoted on my heels and started to run the other way, and the realization hit me like a truck. This thing wasn't out during the day. The sun had set, and I was alone in here. I didn't even notice the sun starting to fall from the sky

I was so distracted by my problems with Newt that I didn't see the single most important thing about being a runner. Always knowing your way out. But the second wave of anxiety began to hit as I continued to run. I was alone. No one had ever survived a night in the maze. I would be its next victim.

I felt myself begin to hyperventilate. "A panic attack right now? ARE U KIDDING ME," i chastised myself. I was far enough from the griever so I sat down and freaked out. I couldn't do anything other than hyperventilate and cry for the next fifteen minutes.

Minho's POV

The box alarm sounded loud. Newt and I weren't on running today after his embarrassment so we meandered over to the box. Newt got there first, and he extended his arm to a boy.

"Ah greenie day I totally forgot," I shot at Chuck.

The rest of the boys had gathered at this point to see the newest Glader.

He immediately sprang out of the box and started to sprint.

"A RUNNER," someone shouted.

A few moments after, the greenie fully face planted. He was scared shitless.

Alby calmed him down, and the excitement of a new member of the Glade was gone so we all retreated to our day jobs.

I went back to the runner's hut where I sat down and started to study the map just as I had a million times before. Maybe something I missed, a detail, a new passage?? I racked my brain for any possibility of escape but it was hopeless.

By the time I left the hut, the sun had begin to set. I ran into Chuck as I began to walk towards the homestead. I wonder if y/n found anything new.

"Huh," I grumbled.

"What is it?" Chuck replied.

"Nothing, it's just that y/n always checks in at the end hut after her run. She was probably just avoiding Newt in case he was there with me," I responded.

"Let me know when you find her! Don't forget the three of us are supposed to have dinner with the new greenie today. Alby knows we're the most welcoming!!" He exclaimed excitedly.

"Will do Chuck, see ya at dinner!" I shouted back.

It only took me about ten minuted to realize she never came back from her run. Y/N was the most responsible runner. She always came in with at least thirty minutes before the doors closed, but by my calculations, she only had about six.

////////////////////

AGAIN IM SO SORRY. ALSO I KNOW THING WILL BE OUT OF ORDER. IM SORRY IM DOING IT FOR THE SAKE OF THE STORY. K. THANKS.