Chapter 17

Three months have passed since Nicole and Gabriel started their fake relationship, they've gone out on several dates and everything between them was going fine.

It was late at night one day Gabriel was in his study working as always when Nicole walked in.

"Hey," She said before taking a seat across him.

"Hey." He replied and went back to what he was doing.

The place was quiet for a while before Nicole spoke up.

"What do you always do with all these documents?" She asked walking across to Gabriel and standing behind him.

"I'm working." He blankly replied.

"It's quite obvious that you're working, but what I'm asking is how do you understand all this stuff?... I mean, doesn't it get complicated sometimes?" She asked taking a peek at the documents.

Gabriel on the other hand was enjoying her questions. He liked the fact that she was interested in what he was doing. It wasn't quite a surprise that she was soon going to get inquisitive since she had been a regular visitor to his study, joining him any night he worked late, she usually sat quietly watching him work until she felt sleepy but he guessed she had some other plans today.

"Would you like to know what they're about?" He asked taking Nicole by surprise.

She quickly nodded a 'yes', and he stood up from his chair and asked her to sit, at first Nicole stared at Gabriel like he was asking her to do something out of the ordinary before deciding to obey, he went behind her and placed his hands on both sides of the desk trapping her in the process. Nicole was instantly enveloped with the smell of his cologne, he smelled perfect, she could just sit here inhaling his scent without getting tired.

"These documents contain agreements between me and other business partners and also some clients. I need to carefully read and study these agreements to find any flaws or funny business so my company doesn't end up at a loss in the end," He explained before taking out some other papers from his briefcase.

"And these..." He continued,

"These are the financial statements of each of our companies. "

Nicole nodded in understanding.

"This is quite tough, isn't it?" She asked.

"Not really... When you get used to it. " He replied.

Nicole was standing up from Gabriel's chair when her breasts brushed his chest, she felt a tingle of excitement from the contact causing her not to move. She just stood there staring into Gabriel's eyes as he did hers before taking the bold step of standing on her toes and connecting her lips with his. The kiss was slow and tender making her feel like it was a dream, she wrapped her arms around his neck to feel him closer and to make sure this was real, the kiss deepened as Gabriel's hands roamed her body causing goosebumps all over her body and getting her aroused, a low moan escaped her lips and in no time she was lying on the desk with Gabriel straddling her, kissing her with so much passion. Nicole had longed for this moment, she had longed for Gabriel's touch after she realized that she had feelings for him. 

Her hands slowly reached for his shirt and she was about to unbutton it when Gabriel suddenly stopped making Nicole wonder if she had done something wrong.

"What's wrong?" She quietly asked but there was worry in her voice

Gabriel ran his fingers through his hair and straightened his shirt

"Goodnight"

He then said making Nicole feel embarrassed, that  he rejected her just like everyone else, she could feel her tears already threatening to fall as her vision became blurry but she held them in because she wasn't going to cry in his presence

"Goodnight" She whispered in disappointment before walking out of his study

Gabriel on the other hand couldn't believe what had just happened, he almost took advantage of Nicole, and he couldn't help but feel disappointed in himself because it wasn't in his nature to take advantage of someone. He had to prevent them from going any further because he didn't want to give her false hopes but yet he couldn't understand why he was feeling guilty and mad at himself for ruining their moment, having her so close was intoxicating and that wasn't a good sign, what was this girl doing to him? He needs to stop thinking about Nicole because she has been the only thing feeling his thoughts for weeks now, making it difficult for him to concentrate much on his work.

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been two weeks since the incident at Gabriel's study, they've both been avoiding each other since then. Nicole was already tired of not speaking to Gabriel for that long since she wasn't used to staying angry or upset for a long period, she admits that what happened that night was her fault, it was a moment of weakness,  and she let her feelings get the better of her which was unprofessional because their relationship was only based on a contract. Nicole concluded that she was going to speak to him and apologize for what happened.

Nicole woke up the next morning and freshened up, after that she went downstairs to have breakfast. On reaching the dining room, she noticed that breakfast on the table was placed for two making her wonder if Gabriel hadn't eaten his breakfast before leaving for work. When she asked the maids if Gabriel had left for work, she was told that he hadn't come down for breakfast,' that was new?' she thought and decided to use this time as an opportunity to go talk to him instead of waiting until later when he got back from work as she had earlier planned.

She knocked on his door but got no response so she decided to just go in when she entered. She noticed how dark his room was with the lights off and all the curtains closed, she took a glance and saw Gabriel's figure completely covered with his duvet, she walked towards the windows and opened the curtains.

"Aargh, close that back!" Gabriel angrily said but still didn't come out from under the duvet.

"Aren't you going to the office today?"

Nicole asked walking towards his bed, she removed his duvet and he grumbled covering his face with his pillow.

"Come on, you need to get up." She said reaching for his arm, on touching his arm she discovered that his temperature was high.

"Gosh Gabriel, you're burning up!" She worriedly said.

"Please get up, you need to see a doctor."

"Leave me alone." He grumbled.

Nicole knew that he wasn't going to listen to her so she left the room to get a doctor.

Gabriel and Nicole finally shared a real kiss but it was short-lived cos of Gabe ☹️
Hope you guys liked this chapter.
Vote and comment 😊