Chapter 30

Samantha came to Gabriel's office two days after her last visit. She asked his secretary if he was in and she was told that he was in his office. She then told his secretary that there was no need to announce her arrival because Gabriel was already expecting her and she also asked his secretary to make sure no one came into the office no matter who it was because she was here for a private business meeting.

"Okay, ma'am." The secretary replied before Samantha walked into Gabriel's office.

Gabriel was busy on his laptop when the door to his office opened revealing Samantha. She was wearing a pink v-neck spaghetti strap bodycon dress, it had a cut-out showing part of her stomach, it hugged her body so tight and revealed much of her cleavage.

Any man would swoon over Samantha right now because of the way she was dressed but Gabriel had none of that in mind, rather, he wondered what she was doing in his office again, and why didn't his secretary inform him about her presence.

"You need to stop coming here unannounced," he said closing his laptop and setting it aside.

"I'm sorry I barged in like this," Samantha replied. She noticed he was slightly angry and was about to vent his anger on his secretary but she stopped him as soon as he reached for the phone.

"Gabriel, you don't have to be mad at her. It's my fault, I told her not to notify you of my presence because I wanted to surprise you." She explained hoping that would pacify him a little.

"Have a seat." He then said placing the phone back in its position.

"I thought you'd never say that." She smiled making herself comfortable on the couch.

Gabriel stood up from his chair and joined Samantha on the couch. There was an awkward silence between them before Samantha spoke up.

"Gabriel?... Are you happy?" She asked.

Why was she asking him such a question?

"Yes, I am." He quietly replied.

"I'm not." She said making him confused.

"You know how much I love you. You've always been more than a friend to me, Gabe... I watched Ashley come into your life and I was there when she left you broken-"

"Samantha-"

"Gabriel, please don't interrupt me." She cut him off before he could say anything.

"I never got into any serious relationship because I was hoping that someday you'll return my feelings but what do I get in return?... You moved on behind my back."

"Sam, I already told you that what happened between us was a mistake and I deeply regret giving you any wrong ideas."

"I don't care if what happened between us was a mistake. I love you, Gabriel. Don't you get it?" She said in tears.

Gabriel deeply sighed. She is never going to understand that he doesn't love her in that way.

"Your fiancee is young. She is going to leave you the minute she finds someone her age." Samantha continued, taking Gabriel's hand in hers.

Samantha's statement hit Gabriel like a bullet, she was telling the truth. If his relationship with Nicole wasn't based on a contract she could never have been attracted to a man his age but Samantha didn't need to tell him what he already knew, he doesn't feel anything for her and she needs to understand that.

"I already told you. We can never be more than friends... Samantha, please don't push me into doing something drastic. I don't want to ruin our friendship." He said in a serious voice.

"Please Gabe, don't go through with this wedding. Think about us and what we had." She pleaded sounding quite desperate.

"There is no us." He quietly said through gritted teeth.

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicole and Helen went to the boutique to get her wedding gown. She tried it on and it was perfect. Helen then suggested that they go pay Gabriel a visit to his office. Nicole liked the idea so they sent the gown home and headed for the company. On reaching his office floor, they were told by his secretary that they couldn't go in at the moment because he was currently in a private meeting.

"THAT'S ENOUGH SAMANTHA!" They heard Gabriel angrily yell from his office.

Nicole immediately ran into his office. She got in and saw him standing, glaring at Samantha with his tie slightly loose. She wondered what must have happened between them.

Should she say something?

Deciding not to make things even more awkward, she rushed towards Gabriel and cupped his face with her hands.

"Are you okay, baby?" She worriedly asked.

"What is going on here?" Helen asked the moment she walked into the office looking between Samantha and Gabriel in confusion.

"Mom, there is nothing to worry about. She was about to leave." Gabriel told his mom avoiding her question because she knew nothing about what happened between them in the past.

Nicole noticed that Samantha was in tears and she looked embarrassed. She tore her eyes away from Samantha and hugged Gabriel, gently stroking his back as she noticed he was shaking with anger. Samantha wiped her face before standing up from the couch, she stared at Gabriel one last time before walking out of his office.

After Samantha had left, Helen pressured Gabriel not to work for the rest of the day as she noticed he was still upset about whatever happened between him and Samantha. Be tried protesting but she insisted. After much persuasion from his mom, he decided to cancel all appointments he had for the rest of the day before going home with Nicole and his mom.

After the incident with Samantha, he never heard from her again. He told Charles about it and his best friend advised that it was for the best. For days Gabriel felt guilty about everything but in the end, he concluded that it was what was best for the both of them.