Chapter 36

Gabriel's parents traveled back to Las Vegas two days after they returned from their honeymoon. Nicole returned to her bedroom to Gabriel's displeasure but he couldn't complain.

A week had passed and everything was back to normal like it used to be before Gabriel's parents showed up. Gabriel resumed work at the office but he was stressed out as he had much work to do and not just that. He was doing a lot of thinking for the past few days, he was trying to think of a reasonable story to come up with regarding his relationship with Nicole when they go their separate ways. He had to come up with an excuse his parents could easily believe because he was more worried about his parent's reaction to their separation than the public.

After thinking for days, Gabriel eventually came up with something. He called Nicole to his study so they could talk, he asked her to name whichever place in the country she would like to reside since the contract between them was going to expire soon. He didn't want her feeling caged inside his mansion when she had a life to live neither did he want her returning to her apartment, she deserved to live like a queen.

Gabriel told Nicole that the only way they could end this was for her to file for a divorce after one year of their marriage, that way it wouldn't be suspicious.

Nicole felt numb after hearing all that Gabriel said. It dawned on her that all the moments they shared were false and had come to an end. She couldn't believe that she let her heart take control during the period of their contract, and now she was the one getting hurt in the end. She managed to conceal her sadness from Gabriel so he didn't think she was weird. She mentally and emotionally composed herself before telling him to give her some time to think about her state or city of choice. He nodded in understanding and asked her to take her time, she then left his study.

The moment Nicole left the study, Gabriel took a bottle of whiskey and began drinking, he was dying inside while saying those words to Nicole. He did notice how pale her face suddenly went while he was talking and he wanted to stop talking at that instant but he couldn't because he wanted her happiness. He knew she reacted that way because she was already used to living in his mansion which was the reason why he was willing to go to any length to make sure she lived a comfortable life.

Gabriel wasn't a heavy drinker but he guessed habits could be formed in a day. He remained in his study and gradually emptied the bottle of whiskey.

Nicole, on the other hand, cried her eyes out inside her bedroom. How was she going to start all over again? Her heart was broken once again but this time the guy in question didn't realize it, he was completely clueless about her feelings. She felt hurt knowing that after spending months with Gabriel he didn't feel even the slightest form of attraction towards her. He must love his ex-girlfriend so much. Who was she fooling? It was obvious from the very beginning but as stupid as her heart was it still got attracted to him even after knowing that it would only get broken in the end. She cried until she fell asleep.

                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month had passed and Gabriel bought a mansion for Nicole in Miami Florida because she had chosen to live there. They both talked and came up with a story that Nicole had decided to go on a tour around the country and would come back to New York from time to time until she eventually attended her tour. Gabriel's parents bought the story to their relief.

Gabriel and Nicole were in his study, she was about to say goodbye because she was leaving for Miami that day. Gabriel had sent the remaining 12.5million dollars into her account. She was supposed to be happy about it since it was the reason why she accepted the contract in the first place but surprisingly she wasn't rather she felt empty inside and there was nothing she could do about it because everything was nothing but a deal.