Im done!

The flight to Rome was so long!, Once they got their bags and picked up the rental car, Katie fell asleep straight away, "babe I'm done with all this travelling, when we get back to Atalanta can we just not leave the house until like Katie is ready to move out?" Sarah said slumping into her seat, "oh babe" Dacre laughed, "we can have a couple of days chilling at home just me you and the nugget" he said looking back at a sleeping Katie "but then we start shooting again, and I know how excited you are for that" Sarah smiled back at Dacre, "see this is why I need you in my life you make everything better, I love you so much" Sarah squeezed Dacre's cheeks and kissed he's lips, making him laugh, "come on angel let's go drop our things in at the hotel and go see your parents" he said smiling back at her and squeezing her thigh, a sarcastic "yay! Can't wait" left her mouth without her even thinking, Dacre just laughed and rolled he's eyes at her before pulling out of the airport car park.

Once they arrived at the hotel Katie had woken up so they took their bags to the room and headed down to the restaurant for lunch.
They told Katie about the people she was going to visit, she was excited meeting all these new people, she had spoken to Sarah's parents a hand full of times over FaceTime but it wasn't the same.
Once they finished lunch they decided to go and as Sarah said "get this over with".=

"You got this babe" Dacre told her as they drove to her parents house, "and if it doesn't go well, we can go home early and have more time alone in Atlanta" Sarah smiles at him "thank you for always seeing the bright side babe, I literally love you so much I can't even explain", he held on to her hand as he drove.
Finally they pulled up outside Sarah's parents home, She took a deep breath before getting out of the car, "iv got Katie babe, you do you" Dacre smiled over at her as he opened Katie's door resulting in Sarah blowing him a kiss.
She headed to the front door with Dacre heading up behind holding Katie like a baby as yet again she was sleeping!.
As she prepares to knock on the door her heart beat speeds up, she feels sweaty and her throat goes dry, until Dacre kisses her cheek, "I'm right here babe" she turns to look at him smiling, "thank you baby!" Before turning back and knocking on the door.

After a few seconds the door begins to open, "Sarah your here!" Her mom calls out before pulling her into a hug, "hi mom" Sarah says still unsure of this whole thing.
"Who's that!?" Her mom whispers into her ear during the hug, "oh mom this is my fiancé Dacre, we met on the set of my new show, and the little angel in he's arms in Katie! She's grown since you last saw her huh?" Sarah asked letting out a little chuckle, "hello Dacre, I'm Lenor, it's nice to meet you" she moved forward, leaning over giving him a kiss on both cheeks, "she really has what is she now 2?" Sarah couldn't help her reaction, she looked at Dacre and rolled her eyes, luckily out of eye sight of her mom, "um no mom she's nearly 4", her mom slowly nodded in response before walking inside "come on your father will be happy to see you".

Sarah looked over at Dacre again "and so it begins", he gave her small reassuring smile before they walked inside together.
"Robert!, Robert she's here, where are you!?" Lenor called our rather loud, loud enough to wake Katie, she started stirring and fidgeting in Dacre's arms, "hey Angel, it's ok" Dacre reassures her knowing she will wonder where the hell she is, she sat her up onto he's hip, "hey baby girl you ok?" Sarah asked her as she kissed her temple. Katie leaned into Sarah's kiss but then leaned back onto Dacre's shoulder making him dip he's head and kiss her on the top of her head.

"Sarah! hello dear!" Her dad called as he walked up the hallway in front of them, "hey Dad" he walked upto her and gave her a small hug, "how was the flight?", as Sarah pulled out of the hug she answered "yeah it was long think we're all ready for bed, especially Katie", her dad looked over at Katie and smiled, "she looks like you when you was a child", he walked over to Dacre "I don't believe we've met before" holding he's hand out for Dacre to shake it, which he did, "hello sir, I'm Dacre, your daughters fiancé", Robert looked back at he's wife with raised eyebrows, Dacre couldn't see, Sarah was glad of that!.
He turned back to Dacre and smiled, "so how long have you two been engaged" Sarah answered first because she could feel something brewing, "only a few days actually dad, Dacre asked me to marry him on our last night in Australia, we've just been there on vacation" Dacre and Sarah look eachother directly in the eyes and smile.
"Ah that's sweet, we don't know much about our daughters life you see Dacre, come let's have some tea".

Sarah's parents walked off into the kitchen area leaving Sarah Dacre and Katie in the hallway, "see what I mean! Can we leave now babe please!" She begged Dacre, "give them chance honey, if you still feel the same when we leave later then we don't have to come back, we can explore Rome for the rest of our vacation ok?" He kissed her lips gently, "come on love" grabbing hers and Katie's hand they started to follow her parents into the kitchen.
They all sat and drank tea while Katie played with her Dacre dolly.
The conversation was very much one way at first, sly comments from Robert about Sarah's lack of communication, she bit her tongue as much as she could but there was one comment she couldn't let slide.

"So tell me about how you two met?" Lenor asked Dacre, "well, Sarah was already on the show when I got cast, she was living in her apartment with Chloe and the rest of the cast over the hall sharing an apartment, me being the only one from Australia I got on a flight on my own so I arrived in early before everybody else as their flights were like 10 hours less than mine" Dacre looked at Sarah and smiled, then back at her parents who's facial expressions had not changed, he swallowed hard and continued he's story, "so one of the cast members asked Sarah if she could show me around the apartment so she did, and I honestly fell in love with her the minutes I saw her" the pair making go goo eyes at eachother, resulting in a head shake from Lenor.

"And how long ago was this" Robert asked Sarah, "it's been 8 months since we met dad" Robert nodded at his daughter before turning to Dacre "and do you think that's long enough to know you want to spend the rest of your life with my daughter, Dacre?" Sarah's mouth dropped, she was shocked at now her parents were speaking to the love of her life.
"Yes sir I certainly do, I knew in the first few days that I would marry her, she blew me away with her kind ways, finding about her past, about how she raised her daughter to be an amazing little girl all on her own, she is amazing and I tell her daily how amazing she is and how much I love her, I plan on doing so for the rest of my life" Sarahs eyes filled with tears of joy, that was soon replaced with anger when her mother asked "oh so you told him about your past I'm surprised you didn't run a mile Dacre" she laughed.

Dacre gritted he's teeth in frustration but Sarah spoke up before he got the chance "are you actually kidding me right now mom!, I know you were family friends and didn't like that I pressed charges but he could have killed me and my baby!, You stuck around for the trial hoping he would get off and no other reason and when the verdict wasn't what you wanted you left! You left us behind!, If it wasn't for Chloe and no body else I would be dead now! If it wasn't for the effort I put in you wouldn't have seen your granddaughter at all! And I don't care wether you approve of our engagement or not because Dacre is the only adult in this room who actually gives a shit about me, he wants me to be happy and safe and shows me every minute of every damn day what it is like to be loved! Hence the reason you didn't find out about the engagement, just like we spent 8 weeks in a Australia and Dacre had to drag me here to give you two a chance, we'll I'm sorry guys you have had it and blown it! Dacre's family welcomed me and her with open arms and cried with joy when they heard the news, these two, Dacre's family and my cast family are the only ones I need, I'm not a kid anymore I don't need to put up with this! I am done with this bullshit, Katie get your doll baby we are leaving" with that Sarah and Katie left the house and got in the car.

Dacre was still sat at the kitchen island in shock, "I know it's not my place but she really needed you guys today and you pushed her away, I know how she is and I hope you do too, if you do you will know getting her back isn't going to be easy for you, but as parents I think you need to, and for the record I love your daughter and granddaughter more than life it's self and I will always protect them, I hope you make then right choice on what to do next, thank you for inviting us into your home" Dacre then followed Sarah to the car, Katie was already strapped in and Sarah was in the front crying, Dacre got in the drivers seat and pulled Sarah into a tight hug, "I love you so much angel, remember we've got eachother" Sarah looked up at him and gave him a very passionate kiss on he's lips before pulling away, "that is all I need baby, can we leave now?" She asked before slumping back into her seat, "of course angel, close your eyes and rest", with that Dacre drove the girls back to their hotel while Sarah slept.

——————————————-

Wow longest chapter I have ever written!
Hope this is ok guys!
Bit of drama for you!

Thank you for votes and reads guys! Love u!!