30

Bakugo POV

So Toya turned out to not be too bad. We actually agreed that he shouldn't go back to their stupid asshole of a father. He gave Sho one last hug before opening the window and jumping out using his fire to propel himself to wherever he was going next.

"You know Sho, he's not too bad" I mumbled just before the nurse came in and opened the blinds "these stay open" she glared at me "just a couple more hours of observation and you're free to go but you have to leave now"

It was stupid but I got angry "WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO LEAVE HIM?" she had a look of terror at my outburst but I didn't want to leave him here alone. "Katsuki Bakugo, I presume?" One of the doctors had walked in "hmmm yes, you're actually not allowed to be here, you're on the banned list, so I will have to ask you to leave"

"I'M NOT LEAVING WITHOUT HIM AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME" I yelled at them both. The nurse left and before I knew it I was being dragged out by security. Damn it why all of a sudden would they not allow me to.... ah shit. As my thoughts tried to run away with me I saw Endeavour. "You young man will stay away from Shoto. You're holding him back preventing him from becoming the hero he is destined to be"

He couldn't be right could he. "I know he lied to me about who you are to him and I don't appreciate that kind of bad influence. You will leave him alone so he can do what he must" and with that he stormed off. Is he right? Have I been holding him back all this time? No of course not I love him and he loves me. But what if I am a bad influence, what if I am holding him back? I was doubting myself as a human.

I had somehow managed to end up at my dorm. I entered my room locking the door behind me. "Hey bro when is Todoroki coming back?" Shitty Hair asked through the door "um, later today" I paused "NOW LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE" I felt kinda bad yelling at him like that but I needed time to myself and I didnt know another way of getting him to go away.

I needed to figure out if what Endeavour said had any truth to it. Maybe he would be better off without me. No stop it. But it's my fault the villains got him, my fault he had to go to hospital. I argued with myself for what felt like hours until there was a light knock on the door. I ignored it because I knew who it was and I couldn't bring myself to face him. "Kat, you awake?" Tears started to fall from my face as I thought about the possibility of leaving him for his own good. "Kat, come on, I can hear you crying, what's wrong let me in"

Dammit Icyhot, you're making this harder than it already is. For once I think your father is right. He's still an asshole but he's right about this one. I wiped away the few tears "WHADDYA WANT ICYHOT" I yelled trying to sound angry.

"I just wanna make sure you're okay"
"YEAH WELL I'M FINE GO AWAY" it pained me to have to be so mean to him at a time like this but I reminded myself that I was the reason he was in hospital in the first place. "And one more thing" I said as I went to unlock the door "I can't keep my promise to you, we're done" the look on his face broke me but I couldn't show it.

This was for his own good and one day he would realise that. As he ran away I wanted nothing more than to run after him. To comfort him and let him know that I didn't mean it. Instead I shut my door locked it again and cried. I got out my phone and texted Kirishima

⚠️💥
hey shitty hair do me a favour and check on sho but don't tell him I sent you

💩🦰
Okay but I just saw him he looked pretty upset what did you do?

⚠️💥
It doesn't matter what I did I need you to make sure he's gonna be okay but you cannot under any circumstances tell him I sent you got it

💩🦰
Yeah yeah okay I'll keep an eye on him

It hurt knowing I had upset him but one day we would see that we probably wouldn't have worked out anyway and that he deserved so much better than me.