Chapter 7

Out of all the shocking news I'd received, his comment about Ian's parents unsettled me the most. Was that why he seemed determined to get kicked out of this school? It was sort of a relief to know there was at least one more student who's parents had been villains.

I couldn't forget the look of resentment in his beautiful eyes. If only he knew I wasn't like Anna Bennett at all. I felt the amulet growing hot in my pocket. I'd almost forgotten that I had put it in there.

"Its probably going to be a day or so, maybe even longer, before I can perfect this potion, Silus." Amelia finally piped up.

"That's ok just please work on it in your spare time."

"Yes, Sir."

"Do you have any fairies that need a room mate? All the witch, werewolf, and vampire wings are all full." He asked her. She paused as if thinking for a minute. Suddenly her eyes lit up with excitement. She clapped her hands together happily.

"Chloe needs a room mate!" She replied, smiling at me as if I was supposed to know who that was.

"Oh right. I completely forgot about her. That's perfect! Thank you, Amelia."

Suddenly a loud scratchy voice blared over the intercom.

Headmaster Salvatore please come to the blood storing facility immediately.

"Oh great one of the young vamps probably broke in again," he sighed, shaking his head.

"Go ahead, sir. I'll show Josie where she will be staying!"

When he left, Amelia practically danced toward me with her silent ballerina like feet. She motioned for me to follow her as she walked out into the hallway.

The previously empty hallway was now flooding with students. All eyes were on me as I followed the tiny professor towards the fairy living quarters. I tried to avoid making eye contact with anyone as I focused on the back of Amelia's head.

She greeted passing students as we made our way through the crowd. The fairy living quarters was as gaudy as her classroom. Each door was painted a pretty neon color. The walls glittered almost as if they were painted with stars.

She paused at the only door that wasnt boastful. It was a dull black gray color. She knocked three times before calling out to my new room mate.

"Chloe, open up please!" She sang through the door. The fairy who opened the door was the exact opposite of Amelia. Chloe didnt wear the same bright colors as the other fairies I'd seen in the hallways.

She wore a black shirt under a cropped leather jacket. She had on a black skirt that came down about mid thigh with fishnet leggings and black combat boots. Her hair was also cut pixie style but was as black as her clothes. The only makeup she had on was her thick eyeliner that made her blue eyes pop.

Despite her depressing manner, she grinned when she saw the professor.

"I've got a room mate for you." Amelia returned her smile. Chloe glanced at me before moving aside to let us in.

"The Dark Witch's daughter." Chloe remarked in a matter of fact tone. Word really did travel fast.

The room was bigger than I'd expected. Her side of the room was surprisingly decorated in a modern black and white setting. It didnt look as depressing as I would've expected. The side that was to be mine was bare except for a small night stand and queen sized bed.

"Chloe will be a great room mate for you, sweetie. I'm going to leave you to settle in. I promise I'll work on that potion all night until I get it right."

Amelia exited the room in an elegant like fashion. I couldn't even hear the door as she closed it. Amelia and Evelyn were polar opposites. I was pretty sure they weren't friends.

"Well, welcome to Bennett Academy," Chloe smiled, flopping down onto her bed. Her feet didn't even reach the floor. She had to be at least five inches shorter than me.

"Thank you," I answered quietly as I laid the suitcases on my new bed. I realized I had the book Silus had showed me. I'd make sure to return it after I looked through it. As evil as my mother was, I was hungry to know everything about her.

"So did you really cross over? Like from the human side?" She asked, leaning forward with interest.

"Yeah."

"Do you know anything about the supernaturals?"

"No I'm afraid not." I sighed, sitting on my bed. I would unpack later. I didnt realize how exhausted I was.

"Well feel free to ask me anything."

"Thank you. First off why is that professor so happy?" It was a serious question but Chloe still laughed.

"Its a fairy thing. Bright colors and euphoric happiness is two of our trademarks. We come from the mystical Forest of Almaria. While witches use the earths elements, we depend on the forest for our magic. I'm kind of the outcast fairy I guess you could say. I'm not a fan of bright colors and I dont like being so bubbly all the time. My dad was a human so that's probably to blame."

I couldn't help but notice the bite mark on her neck. It looked like two puncture wounds not even an inch apart from each other. I remembered Evelyn bringing Ian to the office.

"Are you the fairy that Ian Black fed on?" I asked.

"Yeah he has a thing about fairy blood. Apparently that bubbly attitude in fairies also radiates in our blood. If a vampire feeds on a fairy it gives them a super high. He compelled me so he could feed on me. Hes a jerk at times but pretty harmless." She shrugged as if it wasnt a big deal.

I had so much more I wanted to ask her but my eyes had grown heavy. I laid back on the bed. I placed my suitcases on the floor and my books on the nightstand. I pulled the amulet out of my pocket and pushed it under my pillow.

"I'm going to head down to the dining hall. If you want to sleep for awhile I'll bring you back a plate." She offered.

"Thank you." Was all I could manage to reply. Her footsteps were just as light as Amelia's had been. Once the door was closed I drifted off into a deep sleep. All I could see in my dreams was my mother....