Chapter 19

"Chloe, we are here to listen when you're ready to tell us what happened," Amelia reassured her. She was stroking Chloe's short hair in a motherly fashion.

Before Chloe could explain Merrick walked in. Everyone turned their attention to the large werewolf. The room suddently seemed even smaller once we added his large frame in it.

"I can't seem to get ahold of Kai's parents. Olivia is consoling Kaitlin right now until we can reach them." He explained. He looked exhausted.

"Thank you, Merrick. Now until all of this is taken care of no one is to leave campus. That means absolutely no parties." Silus said eyeing Ian as he spoke.

"What do we do about all of the bodies?" Dimitri asked leaning back in his chair. He was fully dressed in a leather combat suit as if he was waiting for the next attack.

"Each teacher will identify the students that are from their section. We will notify parents and let them decide what to do with their remains." Silus answered.

"Why weren't any of the zombies at the party?" I asked curiously.

"There's not many zombies in existence. The ones that are here have no interest in the activities that the rest of you like." Dimitri explained.

"Where do they come from?" I asked. I knew this was completely off topic but I was curious.

"They are the end result of what happens when a vampire completely drains a human of blood. The corpse wakes back up like that. Im guessing you havent been listening in my class." Dimitri laughed.

"Alright, you two, lets focus." Silus sighed.

"They came out of nowhere." Chloe blurted out causing everyone to turn toward her with interest.

"Who, sweetheart?" Amelia asked.

"Dark figures wearing hoods. I couldn't see their faces. The dog thing they had jumped on Kai. It tore him apart withing seconds. Then they were gone." She sniffled as she relived the horrific moment.

Dimitri and Merrick exchanged glances. Silus sank back into his chair. Evelyn continued to listen silently in the corner of the room.

"Men, I'd like for you to come with me. We will search the woods for any sign of where these people went. Amelia, I'd like for you to go see if you can get any help from nature. Evelyn, you can go start identifying witches." Silus ordered.

Everyone filed out of the office obediently. Amelia lead Chloe back to the dorm room. Soon it was just Ian, Silus, and me.

"Ian, stay with my daughter tonight please. You're the only one I trust to help keep her safe." Silus admitted rubbing his eyes tiredly. For the first time I could really look at him and see him as my father. He really did care about me.

"Dad," I called out surprising both him and myself. This was the first time I had called him anything other than Silus.

"Be careful," I pleaded. He nodded with a small smile before leaving.

"Are you ready for bed?" Ian yawned standing up to stretch.

"No. I dont think I can sleep after tonight. I want to go down to the lake and see if Amelia found out anything."

Ian didn't look happy about not getting some sleep but he followed me without a fuss. The hallways were completely empty. The silence left a depressing feeling hanging in the air. Alot of these dorms would be cleaned out in the next few day.

I forced myself to keep walking until I was outside in the cool night air. Amelia was down on her knees swirling her fingertips into the water. She didn't seemed alarmed by our presence. Finally she stood and turned to me.

"There is going to be more death." she whispered as tears spilled down her cheeks.

"Is that all you was able to find out?" I asked gently pressing her for imformation. I wanted to have all the forwarnings I could get.

"No."

Amelia took a deep breath and studied us for a long pause. She looked as if she was comteplating telling us or not.

"Where is your amulet?" She finally asked.

"I put it in my nightstand before I started training. I didn't want anymore dreams keeping me up at night."

"Well start sleeping with it again please. You may be able to communicate with Anna now."

"How?"

"Because she's here."