Book 2 Sneak Peek!

Book 2 of the Bennett Academy Series is now in the making!!!
Here is a sneak peek of book 2, Heart of Hades!!!

*Prologue*

I didn't dare glance out the window until I heard Ian's motorcycle speed away. This had been the third time this week he had stopped to check on me. It had been three months since my father had died...

Everyone seemed to be watching me, waiting for me to break. There wasn't a moment that someone wasn't knocking on my door, it seemed. But I hadn't let anyone in. I answered a few text here and there hoping it was enough to satisfy them. Once I believed it had, another knock would pound at my door.

"When can I start going out?" Ava asked. I stared at her nervously. I had hoped she would eventually stop asking me that. But I assume being stuck in this house all summer was imprisonment enough for the poor girl.
"Soon, Ava, I promise."
Her creepy zombified eyes studied me. She didn't trust me. I mean honestly I could not blame her. She finally slowly creeped back to her bedroom. I felt the familiar buzz of my phone. Ian's name flashed across the screen for the millionth time. I hit ignore and returned it to my pocket. Guilt washed over me, I was being selfish.
Everyone had been through the same nightmare just 3 months ago. Yet here I was avoiding them all like the plague.
Everyone assumed it was the death of my father and murdering my own mother that was to blame for the sudden anti-social behavior. But honestly Ava was the culprit. I couldn't let them all know what I had done. I couldn't let them see how I had lost control. So instead of grieving with my friends, I stayed boarded up in my fathers old house with a zombie.
A zombie I had created all on my own.....