Chapter 28

I decided not to give Dimitri an explanation. I was still in shock when I went back to Ian's dorm with him. This was the first time I'd been it. It was surprisingly clean to be a guys room. He didnt have a room mate so it wasn't as big as my dorm.

"This is insane. There has to be another explanation," I rambled on as we sat on his large king sized bed.

"I dont think there is, Josie," he answered gently. Tears flowed down my cheeks as I thought of poor Lizzie. She had to be so scared. She had no clue what was even going on with herself.

Ian pulled me into his arms as I sobbed. I took this moment to cry for Lizzie and for all the students we had lost. It seemed everywhere I went death and destruction was following. I was beginning to wonder if it was a family curse.

Suddently Ian kissed me as if he knew what I was thinking. I had to admit it was a great distraction. As our kiss deepened he pushed me down gently on the bed.

"You're the most beautiful woman in the world," he whispered against my lips. We spent the rest of the night doing things that were an even greater distraction.

I awoke entangled in Ian's arms. The feeling was indescribable as I gazed at my sleeping prince. His black hair was in a mess. I was suddently self consciously aware that I was no longer dressed. Before I could slip out of the bed to get dressed his eyes fluttered open.

"Goodmorning, beautiful," he grinned pulling me closer to him. It was pure heaven lying next to him. He laced his fingers through mine and gave me a lingering goodmorning kiss.

"Last night was the most amazing night of my life," he breathed.

"Mine too," I sighed happily burying deeper into his bare chest. I never wanted to leave this bed. I hadnt expected to give him everything this soon but for some reason it felt right.

A knock on the door jolted us back into reality. Ian and I scrambled to get dressed. Once we were decent he answered the door. My cheeks lit aflame when my father entered the room.

"Oh um goodmorning. Chloe got worried when Josie didnt come home last night. It looks like I found her so no worries," he said sheepishly. He stood there awkwardly for a moment before dismissing himself.

"Well that could have went better," Ian laughed. I could sense the nervousness in his voice.

"I'm going to go back to my room and get ready for class," I kissed him and practically ran to my dorm before anyone else caught me.

Once Chloe was satisfied I was alive I changed clothes and scurried off to class. The grin Ian shot my way reignited the fire in my cheeks as I slid into my desk.

"You look like you spent the night with a hot vampire last night," he whispered winking at me. I rolled my eyes and tried to focus on Dimitri's lecture.

"Being a Vampire in today's time isn't like it used to be. Although some vampires still drink straight from humans, technology has created other ways for us to feed. Like blood donations for example. We have several blood banks set up in the human's territory that keep us well stocked."

I immediately grew bored with today's lesson. I couldn't help but think back to last night. How did I go from being heartbroken over Lizzie to sleeping with Ian? I couldnt deny the night had been amazing.

The rest of the day creeped by slowly. My dad avoided me the rest of the day. Probably to keep from having to have the awkward conversation about my little sleepover.

Ian and I were just about to walk down to the lake when an explosion interrupted the calm night. Fire blazed from the fairies dormitory. Sirens began to wail as everyone scattered outside.

"What happened?" I asked Amelia once we were all outside.

"We dont know but there are several unaccounted for that may have been inside," Amelia sniffled as she passed us and made her way to Evelyn. The pair walked toward the blazing fire as it consumed part of the building.

Suddently screams started filling the night air. I watched in horror as some of the werewolves ran from the building. They ran past us as if we weren't even there and disappeared into the woods.

"What the-" Ian stopped short when his eyes fell on what they were running from.

Shadow Demons were pouring out of the building and flying towards us at an unnatural speed. Their creepy cloaked arms were stretched out reaching for us.

"Everyone run!" Merrick shouted.

He didn't have to tell anyone twice. We all sprinted off in the direction the wolves had disappeared. Ian kept my hand locked in his as we ran for our lives.

Screams haunted us from behind as the demons managed to latch on to some of the students. I tried not to look back as I ran deeper into the woods. I wanted to help but I had no idea how to stop such a creature.

"Get down!" Dimitri shouted when we had reached the clearing. Everyone fell facedown into the grass. I could feel the wind off of the shadow demons as they flew over us.

I turned in the direction of a familiar scream. I watched in horror as one of the demons hovered above Ian. It brought its hooded face just inches away from his. I watched helplessly as he began to be tormented.