Chapter 15

Amelia cut the cord severing the last connection between the dark witch and her child. The baby cried in protest as it was handed over to another fairy who bathed it carefully.

"Please let me hold her," Anna panted as beads of sweat rolled down her perfect face. In that moment she looked completely vulnerable.

Silus entered the room gazing at the wailing newborn. He glared at Anna with hatred.

"You picked a bad time to attack the school, Anna. I'm guessing going into labor wasnt part of the plan. Do you know how many dead students and professors I've had to personally carry out of this building!" He roared. His fangs protruded from his lips angrily.

She didnt bother to answer. She couldnt take her eyes off of baby. Once the baby was clean, the fairy handed her back to Amelia.

"Did you get to the boy in time?" Amelia asked as she snuggled the infant.

"Yes, Ian is safe in my room. I gave him the elixir you made. It put him right to sleep."

"Good."

"Can I hold my child now?" Anna growled through her tears. Her body was too weak to produce any power at the moment.

"No." Silus snapped. He carefully took the child from Amelia and hugged her against him. The baby closed its eyes peacefully.

"Silus, give me my daughter."

"No. I'm going to make sure you never see her again. I'm going to protect our daughter from you and all the evil that follows you."

My eyes fluttered open. I scanned the room trying to process my surroundings. I was in my dorm. I sat up in confusion, I was still in the dress Chloe had gave me.

"Oh good you're up!" Amelia squealed. I jumped unaware that she was in my room. She rushed to my side shoving a glass of blood in my face. I drank it without protesting.

"How did I get here?" I asked. My mind replayed the events from last night.

"Ian carried you after you fainted."

"Ian did?"

"Yeah I'm pretty sure he has a thing for you." She giggled.

"He hates me. Oh no, today is the first day of classes!" I realized in horror. I jumped out of bed in a full on panic.

"Classes aren't for another thirty minutes." She laughed.

"Oh, well good! So um did you really feel what you said last night?"

"Yes. I'm so sorry, Josie."

"Its okay. Did you deliver me when I was a baby?" I blurted out before I could stop myself. She seemed surprised. I could tell I had caught her off guard.

"Yes I did. Who told you?"

"I had a dream....."

I gasped as I remembered the last part of the dream. Silus was my father. How could that be possible? Why would he be involved with my mother? I thought she was the enemy. I decided not to tell Amelia about that part of the dream.

Once she was convinced I was okay she left me so I could get ready. I slipped on a pair of jeans and a regular black tshirt. It was a big difference between the way I'd dressed last night. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and left my face bare. I didn't have much time to dress up today.