Chapter 27: Memorial

Cheryl POV

I park my car In Toni's garage she wouldn't mind. I grab everything and walk inside. Hope runs over to me and hugs me.

"How you holding up?" I asked.

" I'm doing okay just I'm kinda scared of what happens when she wakes up. She is more powerful than my dad and he is skeptical about waking Toni."  Hope says looking at Toni laid out.

I sigh and look at her, "We have to do something. Your mom memorial is tomorrow and Toni cannot miss this."

"You're right Cheryl," Freya walks in the room with everyone following her.

"Okay everyone you ready for this spell?" We all nod and I sit beside Toni and hold her hands.

Hope and Freya grabs each other hands chanting in Latin. Toni eyes open and she gasps for breaths.

"Baby are you okay?" I rub her cheek.

"What the fuck happen? she looks around. And why is everyone crowding over me?"

Everyone just shake their heads walking out the room, "Toni's back!"

I grab toni cheek and start kissing her with as much passion as possible. She kisses me back and pulls me in her lap. She starts making circles on my back and humming into the kiss. Toni starts kissing down my neck to my chest and I moan in her mouth. I pull back taking her lip with me.

"Are you okay my love?"  I asked her.

She nods her head, "I'm  still angry and upset. But I'm more calm. Baby I'm so sorry I put my hands on you. I didn't have any control of myself and you know I would never ever do anything like that—"

I cut her off by kissing her lips. "It's okay babe I promise."

Toni POV

It's the day of my mom memorial and we are all in New Orleans. Cheryl even came with me. We are doing it how my mom would had wanted it done. On the river so her pack can watch. I'm holding hands with Cheryl as we are walking through the woods.

"So this is where you grew up huh."

I nod my head and smiled, "Yep from the city to the swamps. I love it here." I say with a bright smile.

She kisses my cheek and Elijah comes from behind a tree. "Look at you two being adorable."

I shake my head, "no time for your games Elijah we just went for a walk."

He holds his hands behind his back and looks at Cheryl. "You haven't told her anything yet have you?"

I look at Cheryl with an eyebrow raise, "Tell me what?"

"Oh that Veronica is a vampire." She looks at me suspiciously.

I look at Elijah, "babe can you give my uncle and I a little time to talk i would be there in a sec?"

"Sure babe it's no problem." As she walks off.

I smirk at him, "so Bonnie was right all this time huh?"

He nods his head.

"She came to me when I was in my dream state. Veronica is Princess of that clan. So that mean she sent that hit out on our family and is responsible for my moms death." I say in a growl.

"Okay Toni  we figured it out but she is your mates best friend." Elijah said looking at me.

"I will just have to keep her in the background till we figure this attack."

"Well my dear Niece we will definitely be working together more often." He smiles at me.

I just smirk at my uncle showing my orange eyes.

The Memorial

My family and I are all standing around looking at a boat with my mom's body on it. Cheryl got out her bow and arrows and lit one and shoot it at the boat. A tear slid down my face as I watch my mom body go up in flames. I wrap my arm around Cheryl and she leans back on me. Hope is being hugged by her boyfriend Landon. But this isn't the time for any drama its about celebrating and remembering my moms life. Landon looks over at me and smirks and I growl a little and put my head on Cheryl's shoulder.

I whisper in her ear, " Landon is starting to get on my nerves already."

"Babe it's your mom's memorial please keep calm it's another day for that. And yes I see he had been taunting you so just chill okay."

I nod my head and kisses her cheek. I hold her and relax.

Another day.