Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Emethyst's POV

The taxi driver began honking the horn, as we pulled up on a dirt road to a lone house that oversaw the ocean front on a hill. My heart began pounding out of my chest.

"Calm down, Emethyst." I said to myself in thought. I tried to maintain a calm exposure. As nervous as I was, I had to keep my cool. I didn't want my dad to think I was a total freak, even though I resent him.

The taxi came to a halt, and the driver put the car in park. I clutched my Gengar doll tight. A lump of nervousness formed in my throat. I was so nervous, I could literally cry.

Ms. Freya got out of the right side of the backseat, as the taxi driver got out of the driver's seat to help get the luggage out of the trunk.

I took a deep breath, and opened the driver's side back seat door. Clutching my Gengar and phone, I took a step out of the back seat onto the bright, sandy road. The ocean was so close, I could hear the waves crashing on the shore. I will admit, listening to them calmed me down a little.

"Alola!" I heard a man's voice say. I was so deep in thought, it startled me a little. My stomach began churning with nervousness.

"Alola!" Ms. Freya said aloud, as she rounded the other side of the taxi to be by my side. "Come on, Emethyst." She motioned over me to join her side.

Gengar and phone in hand; I joined Ms. Freya's side. My eyes were on the golden, sandy ground. I took a deep breath, and looked up. What I saw shocked me to the point of forgetting I needed to breathe.

The man was wearing a lab coat with no shirt on underneath, gray sweatpants that only covered his knees up, he also sported a white hat with a rainbow on it, and glasses. Behind the glasses, I saw my own eyes staring back at mine. He also had the same skin tone as me.

I looked to his side, and saw that he wasn't alone.

There was a boy, maybe about my age. He had black hair, brown eyes, and wore a red hat with some blue and white accents. He wore a blue striped shirt that had a poke ball like design on the chest. A Pikachu sat happily on his shoulder, and there was also... a floating PokeDex?

Ms. Freya turned over to me. "Emethyst, this is your father, Professor Kukui." She said, smiling.

"And I'm Ash!, From Pallet Town!" The boy butted in. "These are my partners, Rotom Dex and Pikachu!" He exclaimed happily.

I cringed a little at this behavior. I didn't know what to say, or how to act. I gulped.

"H-Hi. I'm Emethyst, from L-lavender Town." I finally said, stuttering in nervousness.

Rotom Dex approached me. "Oh my! It's an honor to finally meet the professor's daughter!" It exclaimed, as it began circling me. "Oh my, So many similarities! Their eyes are a ninety-nine percent match!" Rotom exclaimed.

My dad then stepped up. "Let her breathe, you two." He said, blankly.

Ash smiled embarrassingly. "Sorry, we've just been excited to finally meet you." He said, sliding his foot around in the sand.

I allowed myself a small smile. "T-Thanks," I stammered a little.

Ms. Freya then stepped forward. "Professor, if you don't mind, I'd like to speak to you in private after we get Emethyst situated." She said, and smiled down at me.

"Sounds good to me, Freya," My Dad said, as he began approaching me. "My, Emethyst. You've grown into a beautiful young woman." He said, as he opened his arms to hug me.

I felt a switch flip on within me It's like my nervousness dissipated, and my anger then began to set in. "One, I'm not comfortable with you touching me," I said, growling a little and backing away. "Two, what did you think? That we could just skip fourteen years later and here you are, proud father?"

"Oh my.." Rotom Dex winced.

My dad sighed. "Emethyst, I know there's a lot of questions you probably have, and I'm willing to answer all of them." He reassured. "But first, let's get you situated and we'll talk about whatever you like." He said.

I sighed. In a way, he did know how to diffuse a situation. I wanted to be angry at him, but I also knew I couldn't be. He was gonna be my primary guardian now, so I had to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Grabbing my luggage, I followed my Dad, Ash, Pikachu, Rotom Dex, and Ms. Freya to my dad's house. My luggage was difficult to pull on the sand, so I carried it for the rest of the way. Luckily, it's not very heavy.

I climbed up the steps with my luggage in hand, and walked into the entrance. I was pretty amazed by what I saw.

It was like a wooden cabin of sorts. The layout kind of reminded me of my home in Lavender Town; except there was a big aquarium in the middle of the living area.

As soon as I walked in the living room, a gray puppy Pokemon came to my feet and sniffed my black boots. I set my luggage down, and bent down to pet the Pokemon. "Hi, Cutie." I said to it, as I gave it a good head scratch. I had a weakness for puppy Pokemon, even though I carry myself as a Ghost trainer.

Ash came and joined my side. "Oh yeah, this is Rockruff. Professor Kukui has been taking care of him." He said.

"Pika-Pi!" Ash's Pikachu said, as it came over next to Rockruff. I will admit, his Pikachu was cute, but not as cute as my ghostly sweetheart.

"Do you have any Pokemon of your own?" Ash asked.

"I sure do." I said, allowing myself a small smile.

My dad then walked over to Ash and I. "You and Ash will share the loft. It's big enough for both of you." He said.

I shrugged. "Sounds good to me." I said.

Ms. Freya then came over to Ash and I. "Hey Ash, why don't you show Emethyst around a bit? I need to talk to Professor Kukui alone." She said. I shrugged it off, it was probably paperwork or some crap involving me.

Ash smiled. "I'm down for that. Want to check out the beach?" Ash asked me. Normally I would have said no, but I figured it would be the perfect time to let my Pokemon have some out-of-ball time.

"Sure," I said. "Let me just grab one thing." I laid my luggage on the ground, and unzip the zipper. I grabbed one of my Pokeballs, and closed my luggage. "Alright, let's go."

Pokeball in hand, the Pokemon and I followed Ash outside. The hot, tropical air hit me like an oven does when you first open it.

"Don't wander too far!" My dad yelled. "I will come and get you two when Freya and I are done talking!"

Ash gave a thumbs up. "Will do, professor."