Chapter 50

Chapter 50 already. Wow. I can't believe this fic has come this far. Thank you all so much! 

Chapter 50

Emethyst's POV

I still sat in the middle of the jungle, still debating on what I wanted to do. It was rather peaceful. It was quiet, to where I could actually think. I sat down criss cross style with Mimikyu looking right at me. The throbbing and redness on my biceps had gone down, and the distinct hand prints were now fading as my skin did it's job. However, no potion or revive would heal this scar on my heart now. Why did my own dad attack me like that? The more I thought about it; The more sad I became. Tears began falling down my face yet again, and my heart was heavy.

"Kyu." Mimikyu said, as she looked up at me sadly. I hated that she had to see me like this, but I was now broken. I still didn't know what to do. Today was supposed to be a good day, but no. She waddled over closer to me, and hugged me with her shadow arms that came out from underneath her cloth.

"Oh, Mimikyu.." I sobbed. "I don't know what to do." I said to her, my vision now glossy. I picked her up and hugged her tight like she was my Gengar doll. In this time; I knew who I really needed and wanted. I needed my mom more than anything right now.

"I really miss my mom right now." I sobbed to Mimikyu. "She passed away a month ago. All because of a stupid text I sent to her that could have waited." I wailed, as I hugged Mimikyu tighter. I was sure I was squishing her, but she just kept hugging me as well. I never knew a Pokemon could be full of so much love. Froslass and Gengar give me a lot of love, but the love I feel from Mimikyu was different. It was the type of love that made you feel that warmth in your heart. The love that comforted you, and made you feel whole again no matter what you were going through. However, the hug with Mimikyu triggered a memory. 

"I'm far from perfect, but please.. We can get through this together.."  My dad's voice echoed in my head. The night that we had our first fight, and he ended up comforting me. My mind was now a Tornadus of thoughts. My heart was in two different places still. Half of me wanted to go back, and talk things out. But the other half of me wanted to stay here and not risk getting hurt again. 

I sighed deeply. I knew I would have to face my dad sooner or later. As much as I didn't want to and was scared to; I kind of didn't really have a choice. I couldn't keep living in fear. I let go of Mimikyu, and looked down at her familiar little beady black eyes. "Mimikyu.. Please be by my side while I talk to my dad." I said to her. 

Mimikyu the let go of me, and looked up at me while making her baby doll eyes. "Kyu!" She exclaimed. I smiled, as my tears were now dried. I held my right arm out so she could climb up onto my right shoulder.

I took a deep breath, and prepared myself for what I was about to do. "I've got this." I said, trying to stay confident. Mimikyu perched herself on my right shoulder, and began snuggling up to my face as she always did. This made me smile, and feel a little better. With that, I stood up and began walking back to my dad's. I took it at my own pace, and walked back slowly. Anxiety and excitement gripped me at the same time, as I just took it one step at a time. Before I knew it, I was back to familiar golden dirt road that lead straight to my dad's. I could hear the ocean crashing nearby. I didn't realize I ran such a short distance away. 

My heartrate increased when I saw my dad's house in view now. I stopped dead in my tracks. I put my right hand on my chest, and tried to calm myself down. I closed my eyes, and I took a couple of deep breaths. I listened to the sound of the waves crashing on the nearby shore in hopes it would calm me down. I felt the cool breeze blow around me; carrying the smell of saltwater to my nose. "Calm down, Emethyst." I said to myself.