Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Emethyst's POV

The minute those words left my mouth; Olivia's full expression changed from happy to sad. I could almost tell she didn't want to believe it, as I did when I first heard the heartbreaking news.

"Emethyst, I-" she stammered. "Oh my gosh.." Olivia looked down at the ground. I could tell she was in shock. "But, how?" She asked.

"Car crash." I said, as blankly as I possibly could. I didn't want this subject to come up, but I knew it was something that had to eventually be talked about.

Olivia looked at me in disbelief, tears welling in her eyes as she turned to my dad. "Did you know?!" She yelled at my dad, now sounding angry.

"Of-of course I did." He stammered, not knowing how to really react.

"Why didn't you tell me?!?!" She yelled, now getting angrier. I will admit, as sweet as she seemed, Olivia didn't seem like the type to mess with. I could tell my dad was about to get an earful.

"I was gonna tell you eventually, just I wanted to wait until the right time..." My dad said nervously, as he put his hands up.

Olivia went red in the face. "The right time was as soon as it happened!! Are you kidding me right now?!?!" She yelled, getting angrier with each word. Tears began to form in her eyes.

I immediately regretted telling her. "Olivia, I'm so sorry..." I said, quickly expecting her to come down on me.

Olivia then turned to me, and smiled through her tears. "Sweetheart, no. You don't need to apologize." She then turned her anger towards my father. "I literally cannot believe you right now," She said, calmly, but I could still hear the anger in her voice. "You let your daughter of all people tell me her mother died, and you just stand there. It's no wonder Crystal moved away from you. Maybe it was good Emethyst grew up away from you!" She yelled finally, letting him have it.

"Emethyst, go to the beach." My dad ordered to me, getting angry.

Olivia then intervened. "No! I'll see myself out in just a moment. She's done nothing wrong! You, Kukui, need to man up! You don't let your fourteen year old daughter tell someone you've known forever that her mother has passed away!" She yelled. With that, she headed to the door.

"Come on, Lycanroc." She said. She then turned back to my dad. "I'll see you Monday, maybe." She said, as she walked out the door.

The door then closed behind her, and it was now silent. My eyes were wide and my mouth was wide open. I couldn't believe what I had witnessed. I was almost tempted to tell Haunter to lick me. My dad just stared at the door blankly, not exactly sure what to do.

"Emethyst, please go to the loft." My dad finally said, his eyes still focused on the door. I could see small tears forming in his eyes. 

I looked up at him in disbelief. "You're kidding me, right?" I could barely believe him.

"Emethyst, you heard me! The loft, now!" He approached me, yelling.

Haunter then turned angry, and began charging a sludge bomb. I immediately noticed this, and put my arms around his gaseous body. "Haunter, no! It's fine!" I yelled, tears beginning to well in my eyes.

"You need to get that Haunter under control!" My dad yelled at me.

"He's only trying to protect me!" I spat back. "Something my mother was obviously trying to do! I wish you were the one who was dead, and not her!" I yelled, instantly regretting I said that, but my anger got the better of me. Instead of running to the loft, I ran to the door and ran outside. Crying hysterically, to the point where I couldn't catch my breath. Haunter floated after me, as I ran down the steps to the beach.