Chapter 44

Love you guys so much!

Chapter 44

Emethyst's POV

After what felt like forever, we finally arrived home. After this long week; I was so relieved to see my Dad's house in my sight. I could finally wind down and spend time with my Pokemon. Mimikyu sat perched up on my right shoulder, and Gengar and Froslass were floating by my sides.

"Ugh, I'm exhausted." I said, as I yawned. "I might take a small nap." I said.

"If you sleep now; You won't sleep tonight, Emethyst. Try to stay awake, please." My dad said, kind of sternly as he always did.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine." I said. I guess I could drink a cup of coffee or tea or something. Mimikyu kept snuggling up to my face randomly, and I loved how much love it gave me randomly like this. It felt like it was trusting me more. I raised my right hand and put my hand on it. "Kyu!" It said, happily.

"Hey, why don't we have a battle?" Ash chimed in. "That'll help you stay awake." He said, happily. Pikachu sat perched on Ash's shoulder just as Mimikyu did mine. "Pika pika!" Pikachu exclaimed.

I shrugged. That didn't sound like a bad idea. Also, I could see how strong Gengar really was too, after all.  I allowed a smile. "Sure, that does sound fun." I said. "You're on." I said, smiling at him daringly now.

My dad opened the door to the house, and held the door open for both of us. I walked in first, to see the familiar aquarium in the doorway. The air-conditioning felt amazing on my mildly sunburnt skin. I was relieved to be home after such a long week. I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight. Mimikyu jumped off of my shoulder, and took a look around. I also slipped off my sandals, and sat them by the front doorway.

Ash and I took our backpacks off at the same time.

"What do you think, Mimikyu? This is where I live." I said to it, as I set my backpack down on the floor.

"Hey now you two, where do your backpacks go?" My dad said sternly, as he stood by the loft. Mimikyu joined his side and looked straight at me. I thought it was kind of cute.

Ash looked over at him, with his backpack in hand

Ash looked over at him, with his backpack in hand. "Oh yeah, almost forgot." He said happily, and walked up the loft. I didn't say anything, and just picked mine up and walked up the loft right behind him.

"Kyu?! Kyu!!" I heard Mimikyu cry behind me. As soon as I got to the top of the loft; I saw it at the bottom of the steps below me, and it began to cry. The steps were a bit too steep for it to climb.

"Hang on, I'm coming." I said to it, as I began climbing down the stairs. But instead, Gengar walked over and picked Mimikyu up with one of his chubby, purple hands and sat it up by the steps. "Gengar!" Gengar exclaimed.

I took Mimikyu in my left arm. "Thanks, Gengar." I said to Gengar, as I scratched his head with my free hand. I still couldn't believe how big he was.