Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Emethyst's POV

We were now in the school yard. The excitement was building up in me as I watched Ash and Pikachu run to the other side of the field. This was going to be my first real battle in a while, so I was a little nervous as to how I would do. The rest of the class stood on the sidelines; watching me with anticipation.

Froslass floated by my side, looking at me with a bit of sadness in her eyes, as she watched Ash run. My heart sank when I realized this was her first trainer against trainer battle without mom. I had watched my mom and Froslass battle before back in Kanto, and they were no doubt in sync with each other. I remember my mom always said that she was going to apply to be an Ice Gym Leader, if such a gym was ever made in Kanto. I could tell this was going to be a little bittersweet for her.

I smiled at Froslass to cheer her up a little. "Hey, we'll do just fine. I know this is your first trainer against trainer battle without mom." I said, apologetically. I felt kind of bad bringing this on her; I didn't know if it was too soon or not.

Froslass's expression lifted a bit as she rubbed her head against me affectionately. "Fros." She said, as she hugged me with her humanoid hands. I smiled and hugged her back.

"That's the spirit." I said. Froslass and I were going to get through this dark period in our lives together. There was no way I was going to let her go through this alone, and I hoped she would do the same for me.

"Wow. Froslass and Emethyst sure are close." I heard Lillie's familiar high pitched voice say, as she watched Froslass and I hug each other.

My dad nodded. "Yes. Froslass and Emethyst have been together since they were little." My dad winked at me, as if he wanted me to go along with what he had said. I mean, he wasn't lying. Froslass and I had been together since we were both little, even though she was my mom's Pokemon.

Ash and Pikachu reached the other side of the field. "Alright! We're ready!" Ash yelled from the other side, as Pikachu jumped on his shoulder. "Pika-Pi!" Pikachu yelled in determination.

I took a deep breath, as Froslass floated in front me. She looked determined and ready, as she eyed Pikachu and Ash.

"Alright!" My dad yelled from the middle of the field. "This will be a one on one battle. The battle will be over when either side's Pokemon is unable to battle!" My dad exclaimed.

Ash eyed me from the other side of the battlefield. I could tell this was nothing new to him, plus I knew he was ready for an all out battle with me for some reason.

"Alright Pikachu, I choose you!" Ash exclaimed excitedly, as Pikachu jumped down onto the ground in front of him.

I smiled with satisfaction. I knew he was going to pick Pikachu for some reason. "Oh this should be easy," I teased. "Froslass, I choose you!" I yelled, as Froslass floated in front of me, her humanoid hand over her mouth as usual.

"Pikachu! Use Quick Attack!" Ash yelled. Pikachu then began charging at Froslass at the speed of lightning. I was almost taken aback by how quick Pikachu was.

"Froslass! Dodge it!" I yelled. Froslass then moved over to the side, causing Pikachu to miss her completely. I did a little dance inside, as Pikachu had a bit of a rough landing. I struggled a little, because I still couldn't fully remember what moves Froslass knew.

"Froslass! Use Shadow Ball!" I yelled. Froslass charged the Shadow Ball with her hands, and threw it at Pikachu, harder than she did last night at the Mimikyu, or whatever that Pokemon was. I could tell right now that Froslass wasn't going to hold back.