Chapter 37

Love you guys!

Chapter 37

Emethyst's POV

I finished putting on the last touch of blush, as I examined my appearance. I had gone all out with it, and decided to go a little above my comfort zone. I blacked out my eye lids and swept a lavender and violet colored eyeshadow above the black into my crease to give it an iridescent ombre like effect. The black and purple made my brown eyes pop more, and I was beginning to feel myself. If I were a Ghost type Gym Leader, this would be the makeup I wore every day. My eyes reminded me of Gastlys. I then took that nude pink liquid lipstick from the other day, and spread it onto my lips. I thought about going for a dark lip, but I wanted the attention on my eyes for tonight.

I did my hair into a long, textured side braid. Similar to Elsa's braid from Frozen. It took a few tries to get the right look. As soon as I had the look I wanted, I sprayed hairspray into it to get it to hold. After I finished my hair; I looked at myself in the mirror, and tears welled in my eyes. I was in love with the way I looked. It felt magical, as if my fairy godmother came down and waved her wand and made me look like this. I went from a washed up ghost trainer from Lavender Town, to something out of my dreams.

Now it was time for the finishing touch. I slipped the beautiful black dress on, and slipped my heels on. I looked down at the purple gem beadwork, and the shoes. I felt so amazing. My mother's megastone added a little more to the look as well. Wow. I said.

Knock knock knock!

There was a knock on the door. I expected it to be the other girls, because they still hadn't came back. The time was 5:30pm. "Come in!" I called out of the bathroom.

"Emethyst?" My dad's familiar voice called out. Ugh, of course. I thought. "Are you almost ready?" He called.

I took a deep breath. I wasn't sure how he was going to react when he saw me like this. "Yeah, almost." I said, as I double checked my appearance to make sure I looked perfect. I couldn't believe the girl looking back at me from the mirror was me. .

"Well, let's see." My dad said.

I sighed loudly. It felt like that night at the talent show again; When I was scared to even walk out on stage. I didn't know what my dad would think when he saw me, but here goes nothing.

I walked out of the bathroom, my heels clicking on the floor. The moment my dad saw me, it was like he had a hard time believing it was me.

"Holy

"Holy.. Emethyst?" He quaked. "I hardly recognized you for a moment." He said, and then smiled. "You look beautiful."

I smiled confidently. "Thanks Dad. I put alot into this." I said, as I was feeling comfortable in my own skin now. I couldn't wait to actually get to the dance.

"You remind me so much of your mother," my dad said. "She used to love wearing fancy dresses and dressing up." He said, as he recalled a memory.

I thought back to when she was alive. This was true, my mother would always dress like she was attending a red carpet event. It didn't matter where she was going, she could just be going grocery shopping and she would literally dress the way I was dressed now. I used to think it was annoying, but now I kind of miss it. "Yeah, I remember." I said, finally.