Chapter 36

Alright.. no more bs. The chapter you've all been waiting for. Love you all!

Chapter 36

Emethyst's POV

We were all back at the Pokemon Center. It was now 3pm, and the dance started at 6pm. Which meant I had three hours in total to get ready, though I didn't think it would take me that long. I was excited to have a little fun and let loose a bit, but my mom was still stuck in my mind like a sore thumb. Deep down inside, I was stressing. But I tried my hardest not to focus too hard on it.

I was in the room by myself. Lana, Lillie, and Mallow went to go do something. I wasn't entirely sure what, but they told me they'd be back soon, so I had the room to myself. I had gotten Froslass and Haunter out of the Pokemon Center's Spa, and they both seemed pampered and happy.

I looked at the two of them sadly. I wanted to see mom more than anything, and I knew Froslass would too, if she understood. My heart was so set on seeing her. I was sure it was going to happen; I just didn't know when.

My mind started filling up with everything that had happened that night. The texts, how angry I was.. I unlocked my phone to see my mother's face looking back at me. Tears began to well in my eyes, as I stared back at her face. The face I told that I was beginning to hate, all because of a temporary situation. My heart rate picked up, as the tears began to fall from my face like a water gun. I sobbed deeply, as I wiped my eyes.

"Mom, I just want to see you one more time..." I said, as I looked at my phone. "Just one more time... I would give anything." I sobbed, as I rested my phone up against my chest. I fell down to my knees.

Knock knock knock!

I quickly dried my tears, for my back was towards the door. "Come in." I said, my voice cracking.

I was expecting it to be Lana, Lillie, and Mallow, but instead I was met with my Dad's voice. Great. I thought.

"Hey, just figured I'd come check on you all. We almost got the venue ready." My dad said behind me. I assumed he looked around, and noticed I was the only one here. "Where's everyone else?" He asked.

I wiped my eyes with my fingers. "That's great, Dad." My voice cracked. "And they went somewhere. I forget where." I said, the tears kept falling.

"Are you okay? You don't sound so good." He said, behind me. I refused to look at him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said sadly, my phone still pressed up against my chest. This was the closest I'll ever be to my mom again. I looked down at the hardwood floor underneath me, and closed my eyes painfully. I knew I had put myself in this position, but my heart was broken.

"Emethyst, look at me." My dad said in that familiar somewhat stern tone.

I rolled my eyes. I knew I would have to face him sooner or later, so I stood up and turned around to look at him. I didn't feel like standing up, so I walked over to the couch and sat down. He walked over and sat down next to me.

"You've been crying," He said. "Why?"

I looked off to the side; tears welling in my eyes at him calling me out for crying. I then turned back to face him, and set my face in my palm, my elbow propped up on the arm of the couch. "I'm sad." I said, not really knowing what else to say.

"Well, why are you sad?" My dad asked, scooting closer to me.

"I just miss mom." I said, as I finally cracked. Tears began falling down my face like a waterfall. I couldn't hold it in anymore. "I told her on the night that she died that I hated her, and now I can't even say I'm sorry!" I wailed, as I covered my face with my hands.