~Chapter 5~

"So what's going on?" Jane asked as she sat all the food on your dresser. You sighed. "You have to swear not to tell ANYBODY!" You warned, getting ready to pull the (F/C) covers off your bed. Jane nodded. "Spill the blood." 

"That's just the thing!" You said. "I went on my first murder last night." You dropped your voice. Jane's eyes widened. "While you were grounded?!" She asked. "And are you even allowed to kill?" You shook your head. "But look what I got during that murder." You pulled off the covers, your (E/C) eyes sparkling. Lynex rolled over, still deep in his morning nap. "Lyn, come on, someone's here to see you." The boy sat up and rubbed his eyes sleepily. "Mamma..." Lynex mumbled. When he saw Jane his eyes lit up and he crawled across the bed to where she was. Lynex reached up for Jane's cheek, and Jane flinched, but kept her posture. 

~Masky's Point Of View~

I wonder how (Y/N)'s doing. She seemed kind of stressed when we were training. But I would be, too, if I were her. Her father is capable of murder, and she did just that, which was against her father's rules. I sighed, sitting on the air mattress in BEN's room. "Somethin' buggin' ya?" BEN asked, kicking another person off the Mario Kart course. "I don't know." I shrugged. 
"It's just (Y/N). She trusted me with something, and I mean-"

"You mean Lynex?" BEN dropped his voice. "Yeah, I know. She told me." I nodded. "It's weird. She's only seventeen!" I said. "But..." BEN paused his game. "The world wants her erased, but she refuses to die." BEN said quietly, looking over at the controller she always used. Then he chuckled softly and picked up the controller. "You know, she basically owns this. No one else uses it."

I smiled and looked at the black controller. I guess they had a special bond. "So, what kind of friendship do you guys have?" I asked, leaning against the wall. "I... Actually don't know." BEN laughed nervously. "I feel like we can tell each other anything, and I know that I can trust her with things that I can't trust anyone else with. I..." BEN sat there, kind of lost in thought. "I think I-"

The computer dinged and BEN glitched over. "Ooh! A new-new-new victim to play with." BEN said, his voice glitching. I sat there, lost in thought. I had heard of Slenderman before, but never believed in him. Secretly, I had wanted to be a proxy. They were all outcasts whom the Operator brought together and they sort of started to form a dysfunctional family.

And I've always wanted to experience that kind of togetherness.

And now I have. 

BEN smiled, as he rapidly typed on the keyboard. "Will you be okay for a bit on your own? This guy's really askin' for it." BEN said, looking up at me. I nodded. "Yeah, we can finish our conversation when you get back." He nodded and jumped through the screen. I heard shouted profanities before the screen portal closed. I sighed. "I think I-" He what? Does he think of her as a sister? Or maybe.... A girlfriend?

Eventually, when he came back, BEN was covered in blood. "Anyway, what were we talking about?" He asked, changing clothes. "Uh, what you thought of (Y/N)." I said, pretending like I forgot. The truth is, I was thinking about it the entire time. "Oh! Yeah! I think.." He dropped his voice. "I think... I like her. And not like, I dunno, just 'Oh, she's cute' like her. I mean, I like her (H/L), (H/C) hair, and her name suits her, and she just, I dunno..." I cut him off short. "Who else likes her?" I asked. "Oh, well, I think Jeff, Toby, but he probably leans toward the brother/sister relationship, I know EJ likes her-"

"Cool, I gotta go." I got up and sped out of the room. I was going down the stairs when I heard (Y/N), Jane, Kate, and Nina. "So do you like him?" Nina asked. "I dunno." (Y/N) shrugged. "I mean, I literally just met him less than a week ago." Ouch. She had a point. "What if you go to know him better?" Jane asked. "Well, if he could win my heart by then, then sure." 

I felt a stab in the chest. "I do think he's-"

"Masky, child, it is time for your surgery." I jumped. Slenderman was referring to the Immortality Surgery. I forgot about that. How many times is everyone gonna get cut off from my earshot? I rushed to EJ's room, trying to avoid eye contact with anyone who walked by. I made it to EJ's room and slammed the door. Slenderman quickly explained how age in immortality works, after that? Well, I couldn't remember anything afterward. The last thing I remember is saying "One..." And EJ's smile.