~Chapter 16~

(Y/N) was taking random hoodies, jeans, and shoes, tossing them carelessly into the cart. She moved on, trying to decide what else we needed. I mean, with Jack eating mainly kidneys, she tried to aim for that and other types of meat. Then Lynex started grabbing random things, and (Y/N) had to constantly grab them and put them back. Eventually, she gave up and put the cart in the middle of the aisle so that way Lynex was out of reach for anything. 

"Is there anything you or Hoodie want?" She asked, turning to me. I shrugged. "I know Brian was talking about cheesecake, but then again, he always wants it," I said. "I would kill for some now that I think about it." She said, pushing the cart, making an engine noise to make Lynex laugh. 

(Y/N) seemed bipolar. She was smacking Lynex's hand one minute, quietly scolding him, and the next, trying to make him laugh and riding the cart. I sighed and pulled a bottle of pills from my pocket. I nearly forgot to take them this morning. I put two in my mouth and kept walking. I didn't want to worry (Y/N).

She picked the variety cheesecake and carefully set it on top of the soda. "Can't let heaven be destroyed until Satan goes back up." She smiled. "Who can relate?" She laughed as five people in the area raised their hands. Lynex looked around and saw other people raising their hands, so he raised both of his hands, giggling. "Making friends wherever you go," I mumbled. "Well, guess so."  A girl walked up to (Y/N). "The names Sherrie. yours?" The girl had dark brown hair with purple tips. Blue eyes. They didn't look natural. (Y/N) stared for a moment. "Are you quiet or something?" Sherrie asked. "Why would I tell you who I am?" She asked. "Because I told you my name?" Sherrie tried.

(Y/N) gave her a cold look. "Fine. Well played." She said. "(Y/N). (Y/N)-" 

"You know maybe this isn't a very good idea," I mumbled in her ear. She twitched and looked up at me. "Why not?" She asked. "Let's see," I said quietly, "your last name?" She paused. "(Y/N) Slenderman-" 
"(Y/N)!" I shouted. Sherrie's eyes widened. "I knew I recognized you from somewhere!" Sherrie unlocked her phone and showed (Y/N) her home screen, which was a picture of her in her Light Form, which she was doing a peace sign, and her in her Dark Form, which she was downright terrifying.

I glanced at (Y/N). "Oh! And you're one of the newer ones, right? What's the name..." Sherrie said, giving a long, hard look at my face. "Hood...No, Masky." She said, winking at me. My face tinted pink slightly. "You're my favorite." She said with a tone I couldn't quite understand.

"Alrighty! Well," (Y/N) was silent for a moment. She swiftly kicked Sherrie in the knee and started walking away. I quickly caught up to her. "What was that all about?" I asked. "I don't like the way she was talking. Talking like she knew you. 'You're my favorite'!" (Y/N) started ranting. "Do she have any idea who we truly are?" I shrugged. "Why do you care so much?" I asked.

Silence.

"I..I don't know, actually." She mumbled. 

What was going on with her? Usually, she knows what she's talking about. Usually, she's pretty chill. So what was bothering her to the point of not being herself? She was acting fine just a minute or two ago. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing? Like I thought before, she might be bipolar. I don't want to worry about something that isn't necessary. I glanced back at her. She was still silently fuming as she put bags in the cart. Lynex tapped my hand that was resting near him. I looked down and saw he was holding a Pez dispenser. I sighed and ruffled his hair. 

(Y/N) grabbed it from him and tossed it next to a shoebox on the belt. So she's pissed, and yet still spoils "Her Child". I thought. After we paid, we took off toward the car and got everything loaded in. It was my turn to drive, and she sat there, staring out the window. "(Y/N)-"

"Just stop. I know what you're gonna say. You're gonna say not to worry about it, trying to make me feel calmer, but honestly, I don't know why I'm so pissed in the first place." She said, not even glancing away from the window. I sighed. "If that's the case, then just calm down. I've never seen you this tense. Other than when your dad found out about your training." I said. Did he ever find out about her murder? Or does he still think she's innocent? I wondered. 

I turned onto the dirt road that leads into another forest, and things got bumpier.

"We're here."