~Chapter 25~

I was scared.

Anxious.

Worried.

So many words I can't even describe. 

I followed Mason into a room that smelled of metallic blood and walls were covered in needles, scalpels, so many things. I felt a pang in my heart as I remembered the simulation where Jack had died. I couldn't try to help. No one cared either. They got me out and no one bothered to ask, "Where's Jack?".

I stared as he helped me onto a bed covered in plastic. "This might hurt slightly." He attached an IV with a needle on the end to five different parts of my body. "We are going to take your (Blood type) blood, and replace it with blood type O." Mason smiled as a few doctors came in. "Because O is universal. If you have O, you can take anyone's blood." I winced slightly as five needles went into my legs, arms, and one went into my neck. "Count to ten," Mason said. I already knew how to do this. "One...Two...Three..."

I kept counting and was out before eight. 

Blinking, I tried to adjust to everything. I felt...Different. I mean, I felt normal, but something about me was different. I didn't like it. I sat up, just to gasp in pain and fall back against the pillow. The pain was shooting through my sides and my arms burned from lack of use. I silently cursed myself as I stared at the ceiling. Mason walked in, making me want to just scream. "You awake?" He asked. "Duh! It hurts...I can't.." I tried to feel the air in my lungs, but I couldn't. "...The air is so shallow..." I whispered with all the air I could get. "Well, I told you this would hurt. We put your blood into one of our workers." Mason smiled. "Get away from me." I glared. "Remember, you wanted this for yourself."

I wanted to cry. This was my fate. People always say, "I wish I could choose my fate", and I did. And I fucked it all up. Despite the pain, I got up and began to walk toward the entrance to the building. I wanted to get out of this place. Fuck the room he wants me to sleep in. Fuck this building. Fuck everything right now. I'm going to go to the Slenderwoods and watch Jeff smell regular blood.

I began to walk back, stumbling a bit. I felt drunk. High. Anything that made you feel fuzzy. I walked past the trespassing sign and watched as a bird flew past me. I continued to walk, grabbing onto a tree for support every once in a while. I got tackled from behind and heard,

"(Y/N)?"

I turned in the grip to see Tim. "Where were you?" He hissed. I glared and sat up. "Wherever I wanted to be, okay? I was expecting Jeff to-"

"Where the fuck is it!?" Jeff's voice echoed off the trees. "That damn-"

He froze in place when he saw me. He ran up to me and began to take a deep breath. "Did you kill someone or some shit? Where's that smell coming from?" I came up with an excuse. "Yeah. I just need to shower and change clothes. Sorry." I sheepishly smiled. "Damn, thought I was gonna get a kill..." He turned and began to walk away sadly. "Sorry, Jeff," I mumbled. "But if you killed someone, then where's the blood? What did you do?" Tim asked. I mentally slapped myself. 'The fuck am I supposed to say!?' I thought. "Uh, wellllllll, I-"

"What did you do?" Tim asked more seriously this time. "I wanted to be normal!" I shouted. "You got rid of your Slenderblood?" I heard Dad's voice behind me. "Wha-?! H-How-"

"Mind reading? I can use that against you, you know."

I'm such an idiot. How did I forget I had that power? That's one of the best thing about myself. I sighed. "Where did it go?" I shrugged. "Somewhere in someone." 

"Someone?"

I shrugged again. "I ran into a guy, private investigator, named Mason. He offered to make me normal. I saw Laughing Jill." I said. "Jill?" Dad asked. I nodded. "According to her, I shouldn't have come there, and I needed to leave. So I went to my blood drive thingy and left." Dad facepalmed. "Child, what were you thinking?" I made a motion with my hand. "Every dumbass thing a child could think." I said. Dad grabbed my hand. "The Slendermansion is back together. That's why everyone was looking for you." I rolled my eyes. "So you're telling me that if the mansion wasn't fixed, no one would've given a shit if I went missing?" Dad growled. "No. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that while you were gone, I was too busy. I don't know what everyone else was thinking."

"But that's what I heard." I said. "And Tim told me about your encounter with Sherrie. About how he loved you." Dad said. "What did you say?" I stayed silent. "I hardly believe that you didn't say anything." I tried hard not to have any thoughts. I won't let him in my mind ever again. "And hardly thinking anything. What is wrong with you? Are you sick?" I shook my head. "I'm not sick. I didn't react. I just sat there." Then the simulation hit me. "T-Then I shoved him away and ran." I lied. "I ran into Brian along the way. Then continued running." I explained the simulation. Not reality. Not what I actually thought. He'd disapprove of it. I didn't want to feel that pain just yet. 

I couldn't handle it. If he said no, I'd break down crying. My new heart was pounding through my chest. I just needed a break. Tears welled up in my eyes. "I-I can't take the pressure." I sobbed. "I didn't want to admit to anything. I hate myself so much..." I cried. Dad stopped walking. He didn't speak as he let go of my hand. He just listened to my childish whining. "I-I just didn't want to kill anymore after that..." I coughed. "I felt like I wanted to be normal..." 

After the surgery, my pale skin turned (S/C). And now, (S/C) was turning red from my sobs. I just wanted someone there for me... I wanted to have someone to cry with. I wanted someone other than Jane. I cried harder. "I wanted you there for me..." I said. If Dad had eyes, they would have widened. "You were always so busy...Keeping us away... Isolating us.. You never even talked to me." I said. "You never knew my problems. You don't even know my favorite color..."

Dad pulled me into a hug, his tendrils wrapping around me as well. "I've been trying to protect you."  I didn't care about that. "I don't care. I just wanted you to know why I did this." I broke from his hug and began to speed walk toward the mansion. I didn't want to say anything else. I just wanted myself. I didn't want Dad anymore. I know he did it for my sake. I know he did it to protect us all. I'm over it now.

I didn't need him to be around. I can protect myself and Lynex. I've been stuck for so long in my thoughts. I feel free now. The Slenderblood is gone. I'm no longer chained to my psychotic family. I'm free.