~Chapter 17~

Lynex was knocked out in the guest room, and everyone else was gathered around at the table. "I've begun to work on the house, and there was much more construction than I thought." Slenderman said. I mentally facepalmed. Well, obviously. Should I tell him about (Y/N)'s random outburst? I glanced at her, and she seemed to have recovered, talking about how everything will go down. Sally walked up to me. "Will you play with me?" She asked. "Sorry, Sal, I can't. 

"I will." Everyone turned to see Lynex, but not Lynex. (Y/N) gasped. Lynex looked like he was five now, walking, talking, his sandy blond hair looking kind of shaggy but otherwise neat. He smiled at Sally. "What the-? He was just a year old when I left him in there!" (Y/N) said. "Hi, (Y/N)." He waved happily. Slender looked from (Y/N) to Lynex. "Didn't I tell you, (Y/N)?" Slender said. "I knew the child was supernatural." 

"The ability to grow..." She mumbled. Then his hair began to darken and grow. He slowly took the shape of Sally, and (Y/N) bolted up. Lynex then took the form of her. She gave a faint laugh. "Damn, I'm pretty ugly." She mumbled. "Excuse me for a moment." Splendor looked back at her, then Slender before saying, "I wonder what's wrong?"

~(Y/N)'s PoV~

I don't know what's going on with me

. First, I freak out on the bitch in the store, Lynex has a supernatural power now... Shouldn't I be happy he fits in? So what's wrong? Why did I feel so... so wrong? That girl -Sherrie- was just trying to fan over us, and I snapped. When she got so close to Masky, there was a pang that shot through my entire body... I felt shitty. Like I shouldn't have been there. 

What if I wasn't there? Maybe Masky would've found some kind of soulmate or something. So why'd I just snap like that? I stepped on a twig, and it made the same snapping sound my sanity made as I climbed a huge tree. From where I was, I could see the outskirts of the woods and the first few streets of the city. I breathed in the gush of wind, then shivered, and I began to wish I had brought a jacket with me. I heard some rustling down below, so I glanced over. I saw Hoodie's- Without the mask- eyes. I sighed as he began to climb up.

"W-What? Were you hoping I was T-Tim?" He asked. I shook my head. "Well, you seem d-disappointed." Brian smiled. "No. I was just thinking." I said. He nodded. "Well, Tim's really worried." 

"Why? I stopped him from finding a soulmate." I said. "No, actually." Brian looked at me. "Y-You helped him find his soulmate." I looked at him confused. "But that girl-" 

"I know. He told m-me. But he never l-looked at her like that. H-He thought of her as 'just a g-girl.' You're more." 

"What are you talking about? Seriously, B, are you drunk or something? You're getting harder to understand." I mumbled. "He loves you." 

"W-Wha-" I stared in disbelief. "But-"

"Face it, (Y/N). H-He loves you. S-So much. You make him feel so, w-what's the word, weird. What's the feeling where you can't sleep, and-"

"Anxiety?" I guessed. "Yeah. T-That's what you make him feel."