The Fallen

A/N- Happy remembrance Sunday. I am going to post again in a little.

(Third Person)

People always celebrated the fallen. Always loved them after death, never in their living state. 

Spiderman was seen as a hero, a somebody, loved by all or at least most. 

Peter Parker was seen as a nobody, unseen by most, loved by only a few, a ghost.

Yet they were the same, in body and soul, feelings and actions. 

They both fought the same battles, the same wars, got the same injuries. Yet only one was seen as the hero in all the stories told. And that was Spiderman. 

No one noticed that when Spiderman was out, Peter Parker was nowhere to be seen. 

People forgot there was someone under the mask. A human. Someone who feels pain, and deals with so much, yet that side was never recognized by the public. 

That changed when Peter met Tony and the avengers.

Suddenly Peter was the hero for them, not spiderman. 

Peter was loved and not spiderman, they were equal in their eyes. 

Peter was the one who was allowed to feel the pain and be comforted when around them.

-

When Spiderman's identity was revealed people's views changed. 

They no longer saw spiderman as a hero.

No. 

They saw Peter Parker as a hero. 

But by now it was too late. 

Spiderman and Peter Parker were gone. 

Spiderman was never seen swinging around saving people.

Peter Parker was never seen going to school or hanging around with friends.

Lost to the cruel world. 

Peter Parker was killed saving people from horrors of the world. 

A teenager saved thousands and never got the recognition from the public. 

The last Parker had fallen. 

Only then did everyone realize their mistake. 

Realized someone was under the mask. Had a family. Friends. A life. 

Only then did they see they should celebrate the dead and the living equally. 

To be kind to others. 

Thank the heroes and whoever they are under the mask. 

The fallen are seen as heroes. 

Everyone is seen as a hero now. 

Even when Peter Parker was gone, he still somehow helped others. People at school suddenly taking in their surroundings, becoming friends with everyone. 

Spiderman was gone but still helped people. They now knew there was someone behind the mask, behind that strong facade. Now knowing to celebrate life here and now. Not when that person has left.

One devastating death brought the whole world together. 

People didn't thank Spiderman. They thanked Peter Parker. The one under the mask. The true hero. 

Peter Parker and Spiderman where one, equal in their power and strength, both strong willed. Now loved by all, as an equal. One. 

The fallen now stand strong. Side by side with the living. Now equal in celebration. 

Never forget the fallen and the living. You may not know what that person goes through. Or who they truly are. People learnt that too late for Peter Parker.

-

-

-

A/N- Celebrate life here and now, not when the person has gone. The smallest gesture could save a life. I love all of you. Stay safe and stay strong.

- M xx