Trust fall

A/N- quick question should I change my update schedule and update more. I don't mind let me know.

(Third Person P.O.V)

The mission had gone horribly wrong. That much everyone knew. Spiderman hanging of the side of a building, web shooters broken and dangling high with the clouds. This was the true test of a trust fall.

(Peter's P.O.V)

Panic consumes me as I look down past my dangling feet. The people look like ants, barley visible even with my advanced senses. I remember how it happened, knowing how screwed I would be.

-flashback like 5 minutes-

The mission was going quite well, I was above on the buildings taking out the bots that were placed up there.

I shoot a web toward one and start fighting, dangerously close to the edge.

Just as I had taken out that one, a dozen arrive. I start to fight them off, but one of them grabs me from behind. Their claw like grip breaking my web shooters. Quickly moving out of the grip I quick out sending the remaining bots over the edge. Well that's what I thought.

Something hit me from behind and I felt my self tumble toward the edge. I couldn't slow myself as I fly over the edge, only having enough time to grab the end of the building, stranded in mid air.

"Dad" I say through the comms, desperation in my voice.

"Kiddo. You okay" he asked in a worried tone almost instantly.

"I need help. I-im hanging of the side of a building, my shooters are broken and I can't get back up" I reply.

"Petey, hold on for me okay, I'll be there as quick as I can" he replies in a hurried tone.

-end flashback-

My arms burn with the pain of holding myself up. Did I mention I've been shot in the shoulder, yeah that's why I can't get back up. Every time I move more blood comes gushing out and darkness dances across my vision. I just can't risk it.

More panic builds in me as my fingers slowly slip off the building.

"Dad I can't hold on much longer." I whisper out.

I hear swearing from the other end and my dad saying "kid I'm on my way. Just keep a tight grip".

I don't reply as I focus my energy as to keeping myself on the building.

One hand drops, the hand with the bullet in and I don't have the strengh to pull it back up. Now one hand keeping me in place the strain only grows, seeping into every part of my body.

"Dad, can you see me yet" I ask, worried I'm about to fall.

"Yeah Pete, I can just about see you". He says.

As the words leave his mouth everything seems to go in slow motion. I can feel my hand slipping; I try desperately to get a better grip. But it doesn't work.

And I'm failing.

Wind batters me from every angle as i fall, almost silently, no screams coming from my mouth. Silence.

I shut my eyes, to afriad to open them and see my death approaching me. But on instinct I open them and see the road come closer and closer.

I can hear thrusters close. But the road is closer. At least, that's what it feels like.

With the road meters from me; knowing the inevitable I close my eyes and wait for the end. But instead I feel arms wrap around me and pull me up. The jolt sends pain soaring across my body, but I ignore it as instead of falling I am rising.

"Nice trust fall kid. Let's not do that again yeah" my dad says from behind me, holding me close to his chest as we head home.

I only laugh and nod never wanting to feel that again.
-

-

-
A/N- it's one In the morinig but I got this idea and wanted to write it
- M xx