Voicemails

A/N- Hey.

T.W- A little sad but so is life. You'll be okay.

Summary- Voicemails from both Tony and Peter. (I would say more but spoilers)

(Third Person P.O.V)

Tony sat in his lab, not wanting to leave or be near anyone. Why, you may ask, well the reason is because his not son son, is dead.

Gone.

Thanos.

He took his kid, and Tony was more devastated then he ever thought he would be.

He pulls his phone from his pocket and looks sadly down at it, gulping when he sees the voicemails left. Why didn't he answer the phone, to be able to hear his kid and know he is okay, even if it is just Peter rambling on about who knows what.

With tears brimming in his eyes, he presses on one of the messages and shakily brings the phone to his ear.

"Hey Mr Stark" Peter's voice echoes through the phone, his voice sounding so happy.

Tony has to take a deep breath to try stop the sob that is trying to force it's way from his throat.

"I know that you must be busy with more important things, but i guess i just wanted to say, thank you. I know how dumb it sounds, but you are always there for me and i was just patrolling and this family nearly died." Peter takes a shaky breath.

The tears fall faster than Tony can stop them, mumbling a constant apology over and over as he hears what his kid is saying. He feels his heart expand with love and sorrow. He should of saved him.

Peter coughs and carries on "Any way, i guess it just reminded me that i don't have much. But i have you. And it means a lot everything that you have done. So thanks."

The line goes dead and Tony can feel the sadness seep in, he should have answered, Peter deserved that much at least. But he didn't and now he will never be able to.

Looking into the distance, tears clouding his vision Tony chokes out, "You were always the most important one in my life Pete. I'm so sorry."

After a while he brings the phone back into his shaky hand and presses on the last voicemail that was sent. The day Thanos took him.

"Mr Stark" Peters voice is small and weak, fear evident in his voice, making the billionaire feel dread in the pit of his stomach.

"There is this huge donut looking ship, and i am about to jump on it. And, well, i know something will happen. My senses have been warning me, but i need to be there, to help. So, what i'm saying is. If i don't make it out of this alive, just know i love you. You were the best mentor i could ever ask for, and i see you as a father figure." A loud bang comes from the phone, cutting Peter off.

Tony shuts his eyes, tears falling rapidly down his face as he carries on listening.

"I-I need to go. I love you dad." Peter says, his voice quick and shaky.

Tony's cries grow with every passing second. Feeling the pain of losing one of the closest people in his life. His son.

Taking a breath he himself picks up the phone yet again, determined to get his kid home and safe.

-

Peter sits on the roof, looking into the distance and trying desperately to keep the tears down. After coming back, he was ready to relax and just spend time with his family.

But he couldn't.

Tony, his father figure snapped. Peter couldn't do anything to stop him, or to save him. Right now he is laying in a hospital bed, machines keeping him alive.

He pulls out his phone and sees some voicemails from his dad. Feeling the wind wrap around him, hugging him and comforting him in his grave mood, he presses it and lets the phone rise to his ear.

"Hey Petey" Tony says, his voice sounds rough, like he has been crying a lot.

"I need you to know something Kiddo. I love you so much, and everyday that i don't have you here, breaks my heart. I promise you i will get you back, no matter what it takes. You're my kid and i won't let him take you away from me" Tony exclaims, his voice wavering near the end.

Peter wipes away at his tears, not able to stop them though.

"I love you kid. I'll get you back." Tony says, his voice now determined.

When the line goes dead Peter takes a slow breath, wishing his dad didn't save him. Because then he would be okay.

He presses on another, the date being only a day before he came back.

"Hey kid. I'm getting you back. After five, long, curling years. I will finally be able to give you a hug and tell you just how much i love you. No matter what happens, you will always be my kid." Tony's voice is strong and unwavering.

Peter lets out a sob, wishing his dad was okay. When he came back, he got a hug from him. And for the first time in five years for the both of them did they feel safe, happy and loved. But then they had to pull away, and then Peter lost his dad, just when he got him back.

"I know what i'm doing could mean i won't come back. But i need to do this. I need you back and safe, i know how selfish it sounds, to bring you back when there is a chance i won't be there. But i need to know you are okay. I love you kid with my whole heart." Tony says, before the line goes dead yet again.

"Please don't leave me dad. I need you" Peter pleads to no one in, just wanting him to be okay.

Before he has time to do anything else his phone rings bringing him out from his thoughts.

-

Peter runs into the oh so familiar hospital room, normally his eyes would land on the close to lifeless body of his father.

But this time, when he ran in, he saw his dad's bright eyes, a smile taking over his face as he looked to him son.

Peter ran to Tony and hugged him tightly, Tony also hugging tightly back.

"I love you dad. Please never leave again" Peter pleads to his not dad dad.

"I promise. As long as you promise as well." Tony replies.

"I promise" Peter mumbles.

Tony looks down lovingly and says "I love you too son".

-

-

-

A/N- Yeet.

- M xx