⇿ 1 ⇿

Prince Choi Yeonjun of Euphilia opened his eyes, a blank expression already on his face as he tilted his head, wondering how literal he had to be to get a new perspective of life. He felt like a flower. He could remember when he was blooming, when his life was full of colour. Now, he had withered away, and his frustration at himself and everyone around him was eating at his brown petals that were close to death.

Sometimes Yeonjun wanted to cry, sometimes he wanted to run away. But, he new he couldn't. That would mean he was breaking the rules, and, he could never do that. His parents would never love him if he did so. Alas, it's hard knowing that you were hopeless.

No one could fix a dead flower.

"Sire, breakfast is commencing soon" a familiar gruff voice spoke, causing Yeonjun to gulp in fear.

It was Kahn Jaengsoo, his knight. The person who was meant to stick by his side, to protect him. But, in reality, Yeonjun's knight only cared about the pay check at the end of each month.

"I-I'm not hungry" the flower spoke, despite his stomach feeling hollow.

"It's too late for that now" the knight guffawed, inching towards Yeonjun, who was sat up in his bed, simply to pat his stomach lightly.

Yeonjun flinched at the touch, trying his hardest to clutch the crispy petal that he could feel was falling from him like a leaf on a tree in Autumn. It was too late, however, the petal had already fallen and his knight had stepped on it as he walked out.

Yeonjun could hear the crunch in his mind.

The blue haired male enclosed himself in his covers, slowly finding the confidence to let a tear slip from his eyes. He had never thought of his weight until his knight had said he was getting chubby, he had never thought of how people thought of him until his knight had said he was conceited. He hated it. He hated that he now cared what others thought. He hated how his knight had snatched his innocence out of his hands, like a lollipop from a toddler's pudgy fists.

Yeonjun felt like he couldn't breathe as he tried to stop the tears from falling from his eyes, anger seeping through his veins at his self-pity. He had no one else to blame for his imperfections, alas, maybe he did. Maybe his knight's constant comments intensified how his mind saw him, because, Yeonjun had always known he ate a lot, but, until Jaengsoo has said something, the blue haired didn't think it was taking a toll on his eight. And, until Jaengsoo pointed out that Yeonjun was conceited, the blue haired never felt the urge to push himself away from people in the fear of someone disliking him.

Yeonjun didn't know how long he was lying under his covers, letting tears helplessly fall from his eyes as he squeezed them shut. He prayed for a better tomorrow, even though he knew one would never come. Tomorrow was the same as yesterday, and the day before. It was a repeated cycle, his flugent floral past teasing his dark depressing present every second-

"I don't appreciate you ignoring simple orders" an all too familiar voice spoke, snapping the prince out of his daydream-like state.

It was his mother, the Queen. He knew she would come to his room eventually. She hated being defied. It was one of the rules after all. Yeonjun felt his heart sink as he realised what he had done, not having the energy to see or hear his mother angry. He didn't mean to break the rules. It just happened sometimes.

"It's the truth, mother. I don't want anything to eat" the blue haired mumbled, trying to save himself from the Queen's anger.

"I don't care if your hungry or not. You know that we had to discuss important matters as a family this morning" the woman spoke again, her tone angry and demanding yet eerily calm.

"It's a Sunday, can't I just rest?" Yeonjun let out a sloppy excuse, his voice muffling due to him creating a cocoon for himself with his duvet in an attempt to escape his predicament.

"You rest every single day! As soon as you're done with lessons, you lock yourself in your room!" The Queen yelled, her calm tone long gone.

Yeonjun sighed, not having the effort nor yearning to explain to his mother that when he locked himself in his room, he wasn't resting. It was completely the opposite. Most of the time he was sat on his bed, staring at the small glass container of pills that Jaengsoo had wordlessly given him as he wondered what happened after death and if it was worth it to end his suffering.

"Jaengsoo was fired, and stripped of his knighting. He's in prison now" Yeonjun's mother decided to speak after a while, her calm demeanour back once again.

"... Why?" Yeonjun asked, curiosity taking over him as he felt his insides swarm with butterflies.

He was in dire need of something new, someone new, even. Though, maybe the blue haired's mother had ordered someone stricter, someone meaner. Someone who didn't really care about Yeonjun, someone that was mean to him. Someone like Jaengsoo.

"You needn't know that. All that you should know is that your new knight should be here in a few minutes" the Queen explained.

Yeonjun pouted, hating how his mother wouldn't cure his curiosity. The blue haired could only guess that Jaengsoo was caught for giving him pills, but, then again, wouldn't Yeonjun's mother have spoken to him about it by now?

"What's his name?" The prince decided to ask, feeling stuffy under his cover's but not wanting to reveal his tear-stained face and red eyes to his mother.

⇿"Choi Soobin". ⇿

this chap wasn't meant to be too interesting, i was just kinda introducing yeonjun as a character and stuff. i hope u like my writing style tho. 🥺💗