⇿ 16 ⇿

Soobin pinned Yeonjun against the wall with ease, clamping a hand over the younger's mouth. The Prince looked like he was going to make a loud outburst of some sort, so the noirette had no other choice but to make him shut up somehow. However, instant regret ran through the knight at the tingles that ran down his spine and the blood that rushed to his cheeks-

Soobin hissed, clutching his right hand as he stared down at his palm that now had a bright red bite mark in the centre. He soon felt a hot redness rise to his cheeks just when he thought it had left when Yeonjun grabbed his hand, soothing the mark his bite had left with the slightest apologetic look on his face that had grown poutier since the two's last meeting.

"Wh-why're you here?" Yeonjun stuttered quietly, finally, looking up into the older's eyes.

Soobin gulped at the question, his head beginning to spin as he brainstormed an answer. In actuality, the knight didn't know why the hell he was here. When Taehyung had put 'see' and 'Yeonjun' in the same sentence, the noirette went crazy and did everything without a second thought. Even if it did mean he had to knock out a knight to steal his uniform, even if it meant he had to leave the hospital room even though his wounds still kinda hurt.

"I-I wanted to see you" Soobin spoke truthfully, the tables turning as he began avoiding Yeonjun's strong gaze.

"That's it?" The Prince almost scoffed, crossing his arms in a slight annoyance.

"You could've got yourself killed, and just to see me? What happened to 'it's over now'?" Yeonjun continued to speak, Soobin hating how intimidated he felt at the Prince's questions.

The noirette took a deep breath, absentmindedly fiddling with his fingers as he thought before he spoke just so that he wouldn't stutter and stammer and embarrass himself in front of the Prince.

"I realised how stupid I've been, and, that you're right. I do RUN AWAY from things. I shouldn't do that anymore" Soobin felt relived at how clean his sentence came out, deciding to not dwell on how much his voice wavered however.

Yeonjun looked at Soobin with an emotion the noirette couldn't clock, unfolding his arms as he inched towards the older. Soobin, for whatever reason, felt chills running down his spine at how close the two of them were to each other, he hadn't experienced Yeonjun's scent in so long. It made his knees feel weak and his heart beat incredulously. If it wasn't for the lip balm he had applied earlier, Soobin was sure his bottom lip would be bleeding from how much he was nibbling on it.

The Prince cupped Soobin's face, his eyes still kinda emotionless as his thumbs caressed the older's cheeks. The noirette gulped at how nonchalant Yeonjun was being, trying his hardest not to let a small smile curve at his lips at how much confidence Yeonjun seemed to have gained. For some reason, it made Soobin feel a little pride. He was proud of the Prince, like he was a gardener and the brunette was his seedling or something.

"You're too late, Binie".

If it was just the nickname on its own, Soobin's heart would've fluttered before bursting into a thousand flames. But, the words connected to it made all of his previous emotions and feelings vanish and be replaced with a gnawing nervousness and a gut-wrenching feeling of his heart sinking.

"Wh-what do you mean?" Soobin asked, and, oh my god, he felt so pathetic as he felt tears rising in his eyes because he knew damn well what the younger meant.

"Maybe if you said this a day after our last conversation, hell, maybe even a week after I would've eloped with you or something. But, I've realised that you were right. We can't be together and I understand that now" Yeonjun explained, his hands never leaving Soobin's cheeks as his thumbs now wiped the unshed tears from the older's doe eyes.

"But-"

"Tell me Binie, if we were to elope, what would we even do? Where would we go? How would we leave?" Yeonjun interrupted Soobin, letting go of the older's cheeks to fold his arms once again. Almost as if it was some sort of defence mechanism.

"I-I don't- I don't know" Soobin slowly accepted defeat, his voice, embarrassingly, cracking when a tear slipped from his eye.

"E-exactly" Yeonjun stuttered also, tears falling from his eyes like a string of pearls from a broken necklace.

Maybe the Prince had begun crying because Soobin was crying, or maybe he was gonna cry all along. The reason didn't matter, all Soobin knew was that he didn't like it and he was willing to do anything to stop it. Even though him comforting the younger would only make it harder for him to, inevitably, leave.

"Don't cry" Soobin spoke in barely a whisper, despite the sobs that were threatening to escape his own trembling lips.

He hesitantly inched towards the younger, roles switching yet again wen he cupped the brunette's face and wiped the tears that never seemed to stop cascading down his porcelain cheeks.

"Y-you should go now" Yeonjun stuttered after his cries had subsided, gripping the older's wrists simply to remove them from his round squishy cheeks.

Soobin didn't know what came over him when he pinned Yeonjun against the nearby wall, his self-control long gone when he placed a rough kiss against the Prince's slightly chapped lips. The knight needed to feel the brunette's lips against his one last time, he needed to let go of all of his emotions through a passionate kiss. Maybe then would the reality of everything hit him, the reality that, after this, he would never see Prince Choi Yeonjun ever again.

Soobin couldn't help but whimper when the brunette responded to the kiss, the feeling of the younger's hands tugging on his sensitive strands of noir hair making his knees grow weak and heartbeat increase-

"What-what are we doing?" Yeonjun broke away from the kiss, his sadness evident through his tone and eyes.

Soobin gulped, because, well, what the younger had said was true. What were they doing? Soobin should've listened to the brunette and just left, he was only making things harder for the both of them.

"You're right" Soobin let go of Yeonjun, making his way towards the door-

"No, stay, just for a little bit" the Prince's mood swung, which made the knight's head spin but the younger's large eyes had him entrapped.

⇿ "Fine". ⇿

shjsnsnsjsahksajsnszhjsjssjsjsjssbshsehsuussjsjzmsnsushsjsjd

(btw, tysm for the amount of reads ive gained since last chapter. it's rly nice seeing this many ppl reading my book n it's nice seeing ppl get inspired by it (*cough* taekooktaekookluv *cough*). even though i don't have much confidence in this book, im determined to finish it cos of u guys n im so grateful cos ive never finished a ff before n i feel like i finally will be able to due to y'all's support n it just makes me so happy ty again n again n again 💞💞💞💞💞).