⇿ 4 ⇿

thank u sm for 600 reads, i couldn't be more happy. im so glad ppl r seeing my work. 😭💕💗💞

2. A worthy Prince should always be granted permission to leave the palace. ✔️

Yeonjun always thought that he'd feel a weight lift off his shoulders after telling someone about his worries. He thought he'd even grow another petal. However, he only felt regret. Embarrassment. Stupidity.

He hated how Soobin had made him lose control over his emotions and say things he didn't want to say. Even though his Knight seemed far from annoyed at Yeonjun's outburst, the blue haired still thought he was. He thought that Soobin was like everyone else. That Soobin only saw the money. Maybe his words of trust were just a façade. Maybe he'd be just like Jaengsoo. Maybe he'd be ten thousand times worse.

Yeonjun felt slight contempt at the cold Winter air stinging his cheeks, taking in the scenery of people walking speedily through the streets due to it being a rush hour. The Prince felt like it had been years since he had witnessed such a thing. He was never allowed to go outside. Sure, he went on walks around the palace, but it was nothing compared to feeling the vibe from a city in the afternoon.

Despite his contempt, the Prince still couldn't stop his eyes from shifting around every five seconds, instantly staring at the ground when they met a woman that was walking her dog. She didn't spare a glance to the Prince, but his mind changed that. His mind made the blue haired think that the woman was staring right at him, that the woman knew exactly who he was. In mere seconds, the constant 'what ifs' began pounding at Yeonjun's head again, the Prince's body shaking in fear-

"You okay?".

Soobin's soft voice, somehow, calmed Yeonjun's nerves the slightest bit as he hesitantly shook his head in reply. He didn't trust himself to speak around the Knight anymore. He was too scared that he'd say too much again.

"My hands are cold" he lied, knowing that Soobin wouldn't take a wordless answer.

Yeonjun felt his whole body stiffen when Soobin locked hands with his, intertwining their fingers. The Prince's heart wouldn't stop beating violently against his chest, the thumping only getting worse when the Knight stuffed their hands into his coat pocket.

"Better?" The noirette asked ever so calmly, causing Yeonjun to inwardly frown in jealousy.

He envied how Soobin caused such an effect on him, yet Yeonjun didn't. It made him worry that the feelings were one-sided, that the Prince was just being weird. He hated it, he hated knowing that no one felt like he did. Because, if no one felt like him, then no one could understand him.

Despite the nibbling frustration of foreign feelings, the blue haired nodded his head. He didn't want to speak, scared of his words coming out in fumbles due to his brain that was thoroughly scrambled.

"There's a café just a couple minutes from here" the Knight suggested, the pad of his thumb absentmindedly caressing the Prince's knuckles. However, Soobin stopped after a few seconds.

"Keep going" Yeonjun blurted out, covering his mouth with his hand almost instantly in pure embarrassment.

The blue haired's cheeks turned a deep crimson, his whole body setting on fire at the feeling of Soobin staring at him. Yeonjun wanted to cry at his stupidity, wondering why on Earth his brain couldn't have simply said something like 'let's go then' or, 'cool'.

"Huh?" The noirette furrowed his eyebrows, glancing at the younger with the most jarring smirk.

"I said cool" Yeonjun quickly spoke.

"I thought-"

"Is that the place?" The Prince asked, smoothly changing the subject.

Yeonjun sighed in relief when Soobin nodded his head, glad that his Knight had decided to drop the subject also.

The couple found themselves  walking inside the café in no time. Yeonjun couldn't hold in his small grin when he was met with he warm and welcoming atmosphere of the building. The Prince suddenly realised the benefits of breaking the rules. He was experiencing things he never had before. Things he would probably never get to again. It took all of his strength not to squeal in pure happiness.

Yeonjun admired the yellow hue that came with the mellow lights of the café, feeling nothing else but contempt as his shoes graced the soft wooden floor. Unlike he had assumed, the café was quite empty. There were only a couple people waiting in line, which was good because the Prince was kinda hungry. He hadn't eaten since morning, and he had forced himself not to eat anything at dinner the night before. The two skipped meals combined made his stomach feel like it was eating itself-

"Have you had breakfast?" Soobin asked, interrupting Yeonjun's thoughts much to his dismay.

The Prince shook his head, not being able to stand his hunger anymore.

"Wait there, I'll get us something" the Knight told, gesturing to the small rows of tables.

Yeonjun chose a table for two farthest away from the large glass windows, even though, deep down, he admired the views of a bustling city. He just didn't want to take any chances. He couldn't let go of the endless possibilities of things that could go wrong.

The Prince sat in boredom, drumming his fingers on the smooth wooden table as he aimlessly watched a school boy take a seat at a table near him. It irked him to say the least. Out of all the tables in the café, did he really have to pick the one closest to him? The boy's constant stares weren't helping Yeonjun's nervousness much either, the blue haired hating how much his heart was relying on Soobin to come back and take his hand again-

"Has anyone ever told you you look like the Prince?" The boy suddenly spoke, causing Yeonjun to freeze.

It felt like his world was crashing down in front of him, it felt like all of his worries were coming to life right in front of him. It made his body feel on fire, but not in a good way like Soobin's voice and hands did. More so in a suffocating way. He bit down hard on his bottom lip, wondering how he was going to get out of this situation. He'd never lied about something so blatantly obvious to someone. How was he going to convince a citizen that he wasn't the heir to the throne?

"Uh... wha-"

"Forget it. I'm sorry, it was a stupid question" the boy quickly spoke, seemingly more anxious than Yeonjun was in this moment.

"I don't know what you like, so I just got milkshakes. You like milkshakes... right?" Yeonjun sighed in relief at Soobin's deep voice, not wanting the conversation with the schoolboy to last much longer.

The Prince thought deeply about what he was going to say before speaking, the noirette always made him mess up his words.

Little did he know, he spoke way too soon.

⇿ "Yeah, it's fine-" ⇿

this chapter's bad :(

also, ANGEL OR DEVIL MV OUT 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭