⇿ 6 ⇿

pls don't forget to comment guys 💔

"Wh-why do you hate me so much?" Yeonjun sniffled, back pressed against the wall as he looked up through his crystal tears in pure fear.

"Aw, don't flatter yourself, Yeonjun. I don't hate you, I just hate who you are" he stated simply, a smile on his face despite his hands that were snaked around the Prince's neck.

Yeonjun felt even more tears slipping out of his eyes as he felt his airways slowly closing, nails clawing at his hands in a yearning for oxygen. Despite the Prince's efforts, all he did was laugh maniacally, somehow, finding the younger's sheer pain purely amusing-

Yeonjun grabbed at his neck when he woke up, heaving out shaky breaths as he felt his eyes sting. His stomach bubbled with fear at the memories his nightmare had brought back, not being able to hold in the sob that made his lips tremble uncontrollably. He felt like his bedroom was consuming him, the tall walls looming over like a canopy of trees-

"Hey, deep breaths, okay" an all too familiar deep voice spoke, the softness of his tone causing the younger to obey immediately.

The Prince felt his fears fading away as he slowly breathed in and out, however, the breathing exercises wouldn't stop the tears from falling down his face and his mind from whirring with dark thoughts. Not to mention the embarrassment that was surging through him at the fact that he was breaking down like this in front of Soobin.

"S-sorry for-for waking you up" Yeonjun stuttered, voice small due to the nightly hour as he stared down at his white sheets that glowed in the moonlight.

"You're crying" Soobin deadpanned, cupping the younger's cheeks.

Yeonjun hated the heat that flowed through his body at his Knight's touch, his eyes glistening with a fresh set of tears in humiliation. He felt so childish, the fact that he was an adult and was still suffering from nightmares made him feel pathetic.

"I-I..." the Prince tried to speak, but nothing would come out. He knew what he wanted to say, but the other half of his mind wouldn't let him say it. The other half of his mind was too scared of what Soobin would think of him, even if the noirette had shown that he could be trusted through words and act Yeonjun couldn't take any chances.

He didn't want to be hurt again.

"You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to" Soobin whispered, staring up into Yeonjun's eyes which made the Prince avert his gaze elsewhere.

"B-but, I-I want to tell you" The blue haired's voice cracked.

He yearned to just talk with someone about how he was feeling, he yearned to get the weight of all of his trauma off his shoulders. He just wanted to be free and happy again. But, his mind wouldn't let him. His lack of self-confidence and built-up trust issues prohibited him from ever telling someone the truth.

"Then what's holding you back?" Soobin asked, wiping each tear that fell from the blue haired's eyes with his thumbs.

"I'm scared" Yeonjun confessed, tingles running through his spine when his knee brushed against the older's.

"Why?".

"I don't wanna get hurt" the Prince explained, not knowing why he wasn't thinking before speaking like normal. It was almost as if his words were just waiting to spill out like a waterfall.

"How do you know I'll hurt you?" The noriette simply asked, hands leaving the younger's cheeks much to the tiniest whine that escaped his mouth.

"B-because everyone's the same-"

"That's what's stopping you from talking about your emotions. Have you ever paused and wondered if everyone wasn't the same?" Soobin questioned, absentmindedly interrupting the Prince.

"N-no..." Yeonjun stuttered in pure realisation, his heart sinking at how self-centred his head was. He was so caught up in self-pity that he never even bothered to argue the reasons the voices made as to why he shouldn't say or do something.

"The next time you wanna tell something how you feel, think about what I've told you. For now, sleep, it's late and you've got lessons tomorrow" Soobin ordered, turning around to make his way to the other side of the room to rest.

"W-wait" Yeonjun called, grabbing onto the older's wrist without hesitation.

Soobin tilted his head, causing the moonlight to shine onto his face in the most mesmerising way.

"C-can you stay here, j-just until I fall asleep?" The Prince quickly gathered the confidence to ask, his heart thumping rapidly against his chest as he waited upon an answer.

"I-in your b-bed?" Soobin stuttered, eyed widening as his cheeks dusted pink.

Yeonjun shyly nodded his head, staring down at the ground in an attempt to cover up the small smirk that had formed across his face.

He had finally made Soobin flustered.

The Prince slipped back under his covers as Soobin climbed over the thick duvet to lay inside the covers also. They laid close together despite the bed being king-sized, Yeonjun absentmindedly snuggling into the older's chest. His body instantly stiffened once he realised what he had done as his cheeks burned bright red.

"Stop fidgeting" The Knight stated slightly groggily, arms wrapping tightly around Yeonjun's small frame.

The blue haired felt his whole body set on fire, his heart beating loud enough for the whole world to hear as he tried his hardest not to squeal at how happy laying in Soobin's arms made him feel.

It reminded the Prince of a scene from a romance animé he once watched, when the main female  character was realising her love for the main male character. The thought made Yeonjun think to say the least.

⇿ Did he have a crush on his Knight? ⇿

what do you guys think of the txt stages recently? i think i liked the mma one more than mama tho

also, im planning on finishing this ff by the end of the year, so updating is gonna be more frequent. there will most-likely be a new chapter everyday or at least every other day instead of having a five day gap.