⇿ 3 ⇿

thank u sm for the comments last chap!!! 💞

5. A worthy Prince should never cry. ✔️

"I can't do it" Yeonjun said for the nth time, his body sprawled out on the floor next to his bed as he stared up at the ceiling high above him dramatically.

Soobin sighed deeply at the Prince's state, instantly feeling bad for ever suggesting that he should break the rules. It was obviously something he'd never even thought of doing, something that his habit of overthinking couldn't handle. For whatever reason, it made the Knight's heart sink.

"Hey, it was just a suggestion, okay? You don't have to do it" the noirette spoke softly, resisting the urge to stand from his seated position on the Prince's bed and scoop the blue haired onto his lap.

"But-but I want to" the youngest almost whined, sitting up from the floor with the world's cutest pout on his face.

"Then what's stopping you?" Soobin asked.

"My head" Yeonjun vaguely answered, pointing to his forehead adorably.

For the Knight, everything about the Prince was beginning to make his heart flutter and he didn't know how to stop it. But, he didn't particularly want it to stop either. However, it did scare him. Never  was he ever confused about his emotions. It made him feel childish to say the least.

"What do you mean?" Soobin quickly decided to ask, realising he hadn't spoken for a second too long.

Even though the noirette knew exactly what Yeonjun meant, he acted clueless simply because he wanted the Prince to open up more. It was obvious that the blue haired had never had someone to open up to, which was confusing because a Knight is usually that type of person.

"I- c-can I trust you?" Yeonjun stuttered unsurely, brown orbs avoiding the eldest's gaze.

"Of course, I'm your Knight now. It's my duty to be trusted by you" Soobin spoke, frowning slightly at the darkness of the Prince's question.

"It's just that, I feel like I'm trapped in this-this routine, y'know? Everyday's the same. And, even though I wanna get out of it, my mind won't let me. I-It's just constant what ifs" Yeonjun let out, staring at the floor as he vented his feelings out.

Soobin was shocked to say the least when the Prince had opened his mouth, not expecting the younger to trust him so soon. It made his heart beat more rapidly, and stomach flutter in a sense of honour. Though, his heart quickly sank at the Prince's words themselves. Mainly because he knew exactly how he felt like. The only difference was that Soobin didn't feel that way anymore.

"What are those 'what ifs'?" The Knight decided to ask, realising that this could be the only time Yeonjun will open up like this.

"Well, what happens if my parents find out? Or, what happens when someone recognises me in public? What if people don't like
my hair? Or, my outfit? What if I lose another petal?".

"... Lose a petal...?" Soobin thought aloud, instantly regretting it due to the younger's pout.

"I don't know what it is that I'm feeling, so I use metaphors. I remember when I used to be a fully bloomed flower. Happy, carefree. But, now, I feel like I'm dying, like a flower losing its petals. And, whenever something bad happens, it gets worse. And, it feels like bad things are constantly happening" Yeonjun sniffled, his emotions beginning to overwhelm him as he tried to hold back tears.

"Hey, it's okay to cry-"

"But if I break a rule, th-they won't love me anymore" The Prince absentmindedly interrupted, instantly contradicting himself when he broke into sobs.

Soobin hesitantly sat on the carpeted floor beside the younger, somehow, finding the confidence to wrap his arms around the blue haired to comfort him. The Prince burried his head in the older's chest almost instantly, seemingly wanting to hide his teary face.

The Knight's heart sank at the sound of Yeonjun's sobs, drawing soft circles on his back in hopes of it calming the Prince down sooner. The blue haired's sobs were too painful. It reminded Soobin too much of how his life was in the past, and the past was something the noirette always hated being reminded of.

"I-I'm sorry" was all Yeonjun said when his cries had subsided, detaching himself from the Knight almost as if he had been hit with a realisation.

"You don't have to apologise. It's good to cry sometimes" Soobin assured, hating how cold he felt without the Prince in his arms.

"I want to do it" Yeonjun abruptly spoke.

"Do what?".

⇿ "I want to break rule number two". ⇿

playing our summer on the piano is so calming, like, the first three notes make all of my worries drift away. sure, they come back when the song's finished, but it's nice to escape sometimes.