⇿ 20 ⇿

"What's there to be afraid of?" Ryujin spoke softly like a therapist of some sort. Yeonjun didn't like it one bit, but he had to let his emotions out somehow so he let it slide.

"The future" he tried to explain, but he knew Ryujin was starting to get even more confused.

Yeonjun just didn't like uncertainty and if he ran away with Soobin, that's all he would get. At least when he's trapped in this palace, he knows the end of it. He knows what will happen even before the day starts and even though it's painful to live the same thing everyday, the simplicity of it all is something he doesn't know what he'll do without. There's so many pros and cons as to eloping with Soobin, but right now he only sees the cons and he hates himself for it. He loves Soobin, he really does. He just doesn't know if he can bring himself to throw everything away for him.

"Don't you think I'm worried about that? Don't you think my sister was worried about that when she was going to leave?" Ryujin scoffed, it only making the older feel even more pathetic than he already felt and was.

"Of course I worry about getting caught. Of course I worry about finding a stable job, but I'm sick of worrying, I'm sick of waiting and you'll get sick too if you don't come with me" She continued, and Yeonjun clung onto each of her words like they were a piece of thread.

He hated how his stomach churned at the mere thought of staying here forever, but he most definitely hated how it fluttered when he imagined living someplace else with Soobin because he hated changing his mind especially after being influenced by someone else's words. He'd never liked getting advice from people because he wanted his mind to filled with his own thoughts and his own thoughts only.

"W-would you mind if I brought one more person with me?" Yeonjun asked hopefully, even though he knew that the girl will most likely say no-

"As long as they're not jarring" Ryujin shrugged, and Yeonjun hadn't felt such excitement in his life so his mind said f*ck it and ran out of his room. He didn't care about anything anymore as he sped-walked to Soobin's room, hoping he would be there and hoping he wouldn't hate him because he's the only reason he'd ever leave the palace-

"And where're you going?".

Yeonjun's heart dropped.

It was the king.

At the sound of that voice, Yeonjun felt all the adrenaline that was running through his veins vanish and replace with pure fear. He hesitantly turned around, feeling stupid because he really thought he could make it to Soobin's room without any interruptions.

"Th-the library" he tried to act natural but he couldn't help but stutter because of the way the King was practically glaring at him. They hadn't really talked since he had gotten caught.

"The library's in the opposite direction and you know it, tell me where you're really going" The King was far too quick to fall for his son's lies and, for a split second, Yeonjun wondered if he should just chip it down the hallway and out of sight.

"I'm going to see Yongsun, sh-she said she had a message-"

"Then why'd you have to lie the first time?".

Yeonjun quickly accepted defeat upon his father's question and lowered his head, attempting to maybe drown in the silence because that would be far more better than facing his near future. A future that probably would consist in trouble for both him and Soobin, but, sadly, mostly his Knight. Yes, Yeonjun still called Soobin his Knight, what about it?

"It's Soobin, isn't it?" The King read his son's mind, and Yeonjun didn't get why the older's tone had grown so somber. He would've expected the man to grow furious, maybe even slap Yeonjun like the Queen did when she found out— but, we don't talk about that.

Yeonjun nodded his head, far too scared to speak and far too scared to even look up at the older while doing so. He couldn't even begin to guess what was going to happen, because his father seemed so calm and he'd never let his mind wander to a scenario like this one before.

"You love him, don't you?" The King asked, and Yeonjun hesitantly nodded his head. Not because he didn't love Soobin because he did, wholeheartedly. More so because he didn't know what his father was playing at, he didn't no whether 'yes' or 'no' was the correct answer.

"Then go" he concluded, and Yeonjun swore he felt his lungs pop.

He pointed down the corridor to Soobin's room that was right at the end, furrowing his eyebrows lightly because he couldn't tell what the older was saying. He couldn't possibly be allowing Yeonjun to go to Soobin, maybe he was telling him to go back to his room-

"To Soobin. Go to him, and don't let your mother find out."

"What're you doing here?" Soobin cut right to the chase when Yeonjun had stepped inside, the younger's throat tightening at the tension that was visible in the air.

He looked down at the floor, focusing on the pretty zip-code design that the carpeting held. He had to focus on anything but the fact that Soobin was in front of him to be able to speak, even if that did mean avoiding the older's gaze which was slightly disrespectful.

"I-I wanted to talk to you-"

"About what?" Soobin snapped, and Yeonjun felt his lips tremble because he hated how angry the older was. Angry at him.

"P-please stop being so cold" the Prince almost begged, finally looking up into dark brown orbs.

"You're asking me to stop being cold? How can I not be? I'm sick of whatever this is. One second you don't want me, then the next you do. I-I'm confused" Soobin glared straight at the younger, the brunette gulping at how scary he looked when his eyebrows furrowed like that.

"I know you are and I'm sorry, but you have to understand that I'm confused too. I-I've never formed a relationship like this with my knight let alone a man before, for a while now I wasn't sure what I wanted because I'm still scared of dropping what I have here. Here, I know what tomorrow's gonna be despite how depressing it all is. With you, each days new and sure it's exciting but you don't understand how scary that is. Th-the unknown is scary" Yeonjun let out, making eye-contact with the older the whole time despite how it physically pained him to do so.

"Where're you going with his?" Soobin's voice was much softer than before and his eyes were much more welcoming, it made the Prince's heart flutter.

⇿ "Will you RUN AWAY with me?". ⇿

drop ur ffs if u have any, i'm in a reading mood rn. 💕💕