⇿ 22 ⇿

"I can only help you guys once. If you guys fail this plan, then it's over." The King warned, face turning way more serious than before.

Yeonjun stared at his father intently, pure disbelief floating through his mind. He was looking into the man's eyes for any signs of insincerity, but couldn't find any. His father genuinely wanted to help him, but why? Why so suddenly? Did he genuinely care for Yeonjun as a son? Was this his way of asking for forgiveness for the neglect the Prince had suffered for his whole life?

"What is the plan?" Ryujin asked the question that was on everyone's mind. At least, it was on Yeonjun's mind. Yeonjun's not gonna lie, Ryujin's plan was a bit... extreme you could say. He didn't think it would work. He wondered if the King's plan was less far-fetched.

"I'm only gonna explain this once, and don't think of writing anything down because we can't have things like these documented." The King told sternly before standing up abruptly.

"Now, soon a banquet is going to be held at Ryujin's home. This Banquet is for merely business. After the dinner, you two," the King pointed at Ryujin and Yeonjun, "are free to do whatever you like in Ryujin's house while me and the Queen discuss business with Ryujin's parents."

"During this business meeting, all servants and security guards are ordered to leave the house mansion economic plans can't be leaked. This is when Yeonjun and Ryujin will escape via Ryujin's window, which isn't a risky fall. From there, they'll be a car waiting for you- Soobin, do you know how to drive?" The King paused his pacing to look at the addressed, his eyebrow quirking up slightly.

"N-no." Soobin stammered, not even making eye contact with the King.

Yeonjun found it slightly amusing how scared the older was of his father. Then again, the King did hold an intimidating aura. Yeonjun didn't blame Soobin for being so scared.

"That means we've found ourselves our first problem; a driver. If I ask anyone from the palace to drive, they'll definitely snitch. I need someone I can trust-"

"Taehyung." Soobin let out, "Taehyung Kim is the nurse that's been looking after me. He's always been helpful, s-so I think he'll help us with this."

"Okay, if this Taehyung man agrees to being your guys' driver, then in that car will be Taehyung and Soobin. You'll use that car to get to the airport. From there, you guys are free." The King concluded, the room falling into a silence soon after.

Yeonjun burned the information into his head which was throbbing. It all seemed way too easy. Way too easy to actually work.

Way too easy to be true.

Yeonjun fiddled with his fingers, staring straight at his lap. Time was going unbearably slow. Every second he flicked his eyes up to the clock on the wall only for the time to have barely changed.

It was frustrating to say the least, because he was desperate. The Prince was desperate to put the plan into action, and he was desperate to have the full plate of freedom instead of the samples he had got from escaping the palace with Soobin previous times.

From beside him, Yeonjun could sense the same desperation from Ryujin who had been playing with her food the whole time, boredom covering her features as she stared blankly at the King, Queen and her parents who were having the greatest time pretending to care about small talk.

"Ryujin, Yeonjun. You guys are done eating, right?" The Queen asked the question that the brunette had been waiting for.

"Yes." The two addressed replied in unison, both of them not letting the impatience effect how calmly they spoke.

"You two may leave, then. Important matters must be discussed." The Queen told, and in that moment Yeonjun's nervousness peaked.

Ryujin calmly stood up, the older following suit. Her steps were short and calm as they wandered down the corridor and up a flight of stairs to her bedroom, and the Prince simply followed like a lost puppy.

"You gotta aim for the ledge, then from there you can jump out without hurting yourself." Ryujin explained as soon as she had closed the door, slinging a bag over her shoulder.

"Really?" Yeonjun smirked, eyeing the backpack that was stuffed to the brim.

"What? You're acting like you weren't packing suitcases to go in that car the other day." Ryujin shut the older up with ease, a small victorious smile painting her features shortly afterwards.

"Now hurry up." She nagged, pushing Yeonjun towards the window harshly.

The brunette opened the large window, gulping harshly as he peered at the drop. Trying his hardest not to think too much about it, he began to climb out, the promise of freedom persuading him to push his fears to the back of his mind.

He let himself dangle from the rim of the window, in turn, making his jump smaller. The ground suddenly didn't look too far away when he had landed on the ledge, relief bubbling at the pit of his stomach when his feet finally touched the soft green grass of Ryujin's garden.

Ryujin jumped out of the window with ease like she had done it a million times before, unintentionally one-upping Yeonjun like she always seemed to do.

The two began walking calmly out of the car until they reached the sidewalk, both of them finally letting their excitement go in the form of sprinting like lunatics towards the black car that held the number plate the two had memorised prior.

It was only then when he was sat in the car, hands intertwined with Soobin's as Taehyung drove them to the airport (the nurse having agreed almost instantly to helping them all out days prior) that reality hit Yeonjun.

⇿ He was finally free. ⇿

ik this was trash, but i've been having major writer's block recently im rly sry 😔

im in shock rn tho, tysm for 28k im finna cry. i published this book not thinking i'd get any reads, and seeing this is making me so emotional.