⇿ 24 ⇿

When Yeonjun woke up in an empty bed the next day, seeing as the two had made an unspoken agreement for Soobin to sleep on the couch, he couldn't do it. He couldn't stay in the apartment any longer, because eventually Soobin would wake up and he would have to face everything. Face the argument, face his mistakes and he didn't want that. He didn't want to have to discuss anything, because he knew how stupid and extra he had been. Soobin was only trying to find a nice place for them, and he shouldn't be so needy all the time.

So, that's how he found himself here. Alone. Wandering the streets of Seoul to calm his mind that had been so loud lately. He knew he shouldn't really be out in public a lot, but currently he didn't give one. No one even knew of Euphilia, there's no way anyone would recognise him-

"Oh sh*t! I'm so sorry!" Yeonjun heard an unfamiliar voice almost yell, followed by an uncomfortable feeling of a cold liquid sweeping through his brand new shirt.

A boy with messy tufts of dark brown hair cascading down his forehead in the form of long bangs peered down at Yeonjun with widened eyes, the practically empty Starbucks cup that he was holding instantly confirming that what Yeonjun thought had happened had really happened.

"This was brand new." Yeonjun groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose in pure frustration. On any other day, he would've reacted much more kinder, but the occurrences of last night had sucked out every inch of kindness the grey haired could've possibly had for this man.

"I'm so sorry- I-I'll buy you a new one, I promise!" The brunette apologised yet again, causing Yeonjun's heart to swell because his overly-worried state was kinda cute.

"No, it's fine. You don't need to-" before Yeonjun could finish his sentence, the tall male had grabbed the grey haired's wrist and begun writing a mix of numbers onto the back of his hand.

"There. That's my number. I gotta go, so text me where you got the shirt from. M-my name's Huening Kai by the way." The male gave a small smile.

"Yeonjun. Choi Yeonjun." Yeonjun hesitantly smiled back, inwardly cursing soon after because he had forgotten he was meant to be using a different name now.

Before Yeonjun could deem his forgetfulness as a problem or not Kai had disappeared down the street, leaving the former prince with a stained shirt and hand.

Yeonjun sighed, wondering if it was normal for people to go around writing numbers on people's skin or if Kai was just really weird.

The grey haired quickly came back to his senses after spacing out for a bit, soon realising that he had been out for quite a while and everyone was probably worrying. He had to go back to the apartment.

Even if he didn't wanna face Soobin yet.

Yeonjun hesitantly stepped inside the apartment, his heart sinking at how quiet it sounded. The silence only indicated that Ryujin's sister had left to work, and that Yeji and Ryujin had gone out like they always seemed to do nowadays. The silence only indicated that he was alone in the apartment.

Alone with Soobin.

The former prince closed his eyes for a second and let out a sigh, hoping that would somehow calm his nerves before he stepped further into the apartment. He closed the door quietly behind him and crept down the corridor to his and Soobin's bedroom to quickly change his shirt into a hoodie before making his way to the living room that, for whatever reason, he thought would be empty, only to find none other than Choi Soobin sitting there.

"B-Binie?" Yeonjun let out in barely a whisper, unsureness rushing through him. He couldn't tell if Soobin was still mad at him or not. He didn't know if it was okay for him to speak to the older again. He didn't really understand how arguments like these worked.

"You're back? Where were you? I was so worried." Soobin began rambling, setting his phone on the living room couch and standing up simply to pull Yeonjun into a hug.

Yeonjun didn't know what to feel as he slowly hugged back, burying his head in the crook of the older's neck and inhaling the scent that he missed even though it had only been a night and a bit of the two avoiding each other.

"Y-you were worried?" Yeonjun asked, his already small voice even smaller in this moment.

"Of course I was worried. I woke up and no one knew where you were." Soobin explained, and at those words Yeonjun felt himself break a little.

"I-I'm sorry, Binie." Yeonjun pulled away from the hug simply to cover his face with his hands, not wanting the older to see the pathetic tears that were rising in his eyes.

"I-I'm sorry for getting angry, and for making you angry. I know you're only trying to-"

Soobin pulled Yeonjun's hands away from his face, his hands that were now cupping the younger's cheeks forcing the former prince to look at him.

"You're so stupid." Soobin scoffed lightly and Yeonjun didn't know what to feel.

"I should be the one apologising to you, Yeonjun. I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry for not talking to you frequently. I just- I hadn't had the chance to talk to people much before I became a knight, so-so this is all new— but I'm not saying that as an excuse, because you haven't had much experience either- not to insult you or anything-"

Yeonjun pulled Soobin into a kiss, a blush spreading across his cheeks as he did so because he still wasn't used to kissing the older so freely. The grey haired felt himself melt into a puddle on the floor when Soobin kissed back, deepening the kiss ever so slightly.

"You were rambling." Yeonjun explained once he had broken the kiss, the smallest smirk forming onto his face.

"No I wasn't-" Soobin swiftly cut off his words of denial, grabbing Yeonjun's right hand with furrowed eyebrows.

"... What's this?" He asked, caressing the back of the younger's hand.

"Oh, this boy gave me his number." Yeonjun explained casually, not noticing how badly he had phrased his words. Not noticing that upon doing so, he had unleashed something. A monster.

The monster that is a jealous Choi Soobin.

"And you let him?" Yeonjun widened his eyes at how angry the older sounded. He didn't know if the anger was directed at him or Kai.

".. Yeah- wait, are you jealous?" Yeonjun let his lips quirk up into an even bigger smirk than earlier upon the realisation, slight pride causing him to cross his arms over his chest.

"Of course I am, you let a random guy give you his number." Soobin pouted cutely like a little baby.

"It's only because he accidentally ruined my shirt and wanted to buy me a new one, you don't need to be jealous." Yeonjun summarised, shaking his head lightly at the noir's antics before giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

⇿ "I only love you, okay?" ⇿

double update cuz im quarantining n i still haven't been updating frequently.

also idk if i've proof read these two chapters well so im v sry if there's any grammar/spelling mistakes. ik how annoying those can be.