⇿ 2 ⇿

thanks for the votes n reads it rly means a lot! 🥰💗
don't forget to comment tho, i wanna see ur opinions!!!

soobin is older than yeonjun in this btw

Yeonjun didn't see the point of getting out of bed. Even though his mother had given him the day off, he still didn't see any fun in getting out of the warmth of his bed simply to wander the palace quarters.

Sometimes Yeonjun wished he had a brother, or at least was allowed a friend. Maybe then he would have someone to rant to. He had so much he wanted to say, but so little confidence to say it to someone. He knew no one would understand, he knew people would think he was ungrateful. As conceited as it sounded, everyone wanted to be Yeonjun. Everyone wanted to be part of the royal family. They didn't understand how stressful this life was, they didn't understand that it held no freedom.

All they saw was the money.

Yeonjun shivered in his covers, hating how cold November was. The blue haired could remember when he used to play in the snow with his knight when he was young, it was a shame that he was fired. It was almost as if Yeonjun's parents wanted him to be unhappy, all of the things that gave him a reason to wake up were slowly taken away from him. Now, he's left with nothing apart from the small tinge of excitement that was pumping through his veins at the thought of meeting someone new.

As if on cue, a soft knock was placed on the Prince's door, causing the royal to groan. He knew that it would be his father. Since he had recently gotten a lecture from his mother, he wouldn't be surprised if his dad was here to share a few words too. However, silence stayed perpetual in the room when the person walked inside, soft footsteps hitting the carpet. There was no way it could be Yeonjun's father. The King liked to assert dominance when he entered a room, his footsteps were heavy and he always let out a loud cough to gain attention. Lastly, he would've screamed at Yeonjun by now.

"Did I say you could come in?" The blue haired asked rather rudely, guessing it was his maid, Maria.

Maria was just like Jaengsoo, but she cared the slightest bit about her income so she never wasted her time bullying the Prince. She just spewed comments and gave dirty looks to him every now and then, so, in return, Yeonjun treated her like dirt too. He would've done the same to Jaengsoo, however, the idea had  left his mind once the former knight had laid his hands on him.

"That's not how you should talk to your elders" a calm voice spoke, causing shiver's to run down the Prince's spine once he realised it wasn't his maid.

Yeonjun felt heat creep up his neck in embarrassment, slowly beginning to realise that this must be the knight his mother was talking about. Fear instantly ran through the blue haired's veins, past memories causing him to hide further under his duvet.

"Have you no manners? Look at someone when they talk to you" the male spoke again, his once calm voice now on the brink of anger.

Yeonjun hated the feeling of even more chills running down his spine at the dominant voice of his new Knight, slowly uncovering himself in submission despite his disheveled hair, red eyes and rosy tear-stained cheeks making him look like a mess.

"Hey, I told you to look at me" the Knight told, his voice soft once again as he cautiously lifted the Prince's round chin with his thumb and index finger.

Yeonjun widened his eyes when they were forcefully laid upon the Knight, his rosy cheeks now darkening in colour as warmth erupted through his veins at the tingles all over his body at the feeling of the knight's soft fingers on his skin. His brown eyes sparkled in the sunlight, and enveloped the blue haired into an odd state of infatuation. Not to mention his black, almost burgundy hair that fell in glossy curls over his forehead.

Yeonjun could feel the knight staring at him also, hating the amount of eye contact. He couldn't help but shake at the older's intent stare. It was only when a small whimper of distress escaped Yeonjun's pretty plump pink lips that the noirette released his grip on his chin.

"Are you sick?" The Knight jumped to a conclusion, pressing his hand onto the younger's forehead.

For once, Yeonjun didn't flinch at the sudden touch, hating how much he loved the softness of the older's hands, that were now, on his rosy cheeks.

"N-no" Yeonjun stuttered, feeling frozen.

"Oh, good" the noirette answered unsurely, seemingly not convinced.

However, Yeonjun was telling the truth. He didn't feel sick. His red eyes and rosy cheeks were simply the effect of him crying under his covers for an hour too long. Loosing petals always made him cry for hours on end. He didn't know what he'd do if his new Knight kept him from blooming.

"Will you h-hurt me?" Yeonjun stuttered.

The sweet honey-like taste of hope danced atop the Prince's tastebuds, causing him to hesitantly give in to the high named 'self-confidence'. However, his mouth ran dry when he soon realised what he had said. He felt his eyes sting with a fresh set of tears, already expecting the knight to laugh or insult him-

"No, never. Wh-why would I?" Soobin asked, concern visible at the small furrow in his thick eyebrows.

Yeonjun felt his stomach sinking at the question, not liking the sudden memories it stirred up inside his mind. The blue haired tried to open his mouth to speak, but he felt like he was reliving alll that Jaengsoo had said and done to him the more he thought of what to say.

He couldn't do it.

He couldn't talk about how he felt.

A single petal that Yeonjun thought had arose for good withered away into the air, taunting the Prince as it floated farther and farther away into non-existence.

"I-I'm sorry" Yeonjun's voice cracked, and, as if on cue, the floodgates of his irises burst open.

He couldn't handle the feeling of losing another petal, especially since he had let Jaengsoo take it away from him. His former knight wasn't even here, yet his gruff voice still tainted him every second. He couldn't take it anymore.

"Hey, it's okay to cry" the Knight suddenly whispered, wrapping his arms around the younger.

Yeonjun hated how warm he suddenly felt when the Knight embraced him, finding the confidence to let his tears fall as he slowly returned the hug. It made the blue haired realise how stress-reliving crying was, but it also made the Prince remember why he'd never sobbed like this before.

"I-I can't break th-the rules" Yeonjun confessed, voice small.

He'd never told anyone about the rules. It was meant to be a secret. Only to be known by the King, Queen and him. But, Yeonjun couldn't stop himself. He wanted to speak about it. He wanted to know if such pressure was normal for parents to put on children.

"What rules?" The older asked cautiously, the Prince's index finger pointing at the wall opposite his bed in reply.

The Rules a Prince must follow to ever be accepted:-
1. A worthy Prince should always wake up at 7:00am precisely.
2. A worthy Prince should always be granted permission to leave the palace.
3. A worthy Prince should always respect their elders.
4. A worthy Prince should never find love in a commoner.
5. A worthy Prince should never cry.

Yeonjun felt worry running through his veins as he awaited the Knight's answer, not being able to stop his hands from shaking slightly. What if he had said the wrong thing? What if the Knight thought he was simply an ungrateful brat? What if the Knight was just like Jaengsoo?-

⇿ "Sometimes it's okay to break the rules". ⇿

im sry if this chap wasn't as good as the first :(