⇿ 8 ⇿

"What'd she talk to you about?" Were the first words Yeonjun spoke to Soobin after he had returned from his classes and meetings, the question causing the noirette's stomach to churn.

Chills ran down Soobin's spine at the realisation that he could be thrown into jail if the Queen ever found out what he had done on top of lying to her. It took all of his strength not to just run back into the throne room then and there and confess to the crimes he had committed.

"She-she found out that we snuck out -but her chauffeur only saw me- So-so I-I lied to her" Soobin explained, his sentences coming out in fumbles due to his overthinking.

"Oh" was all Yeonjun said as he stared up at the mural on his ceiling, his body sprawled across the floor in what seemed like an uncomfortable position to the older.

Soobin admired the way Yeonjun looked when he was focused on something, his face would scrunch up a little and his large eyes would light up a little. His plump pink lips would curve into the most adorable pout, and he would fiddle with his fingers.

"My room used to be the only one without murals, and I cried about it for the longest time. So, my parents ordered for it to be painted" Yeonjun randomly spoke into the silence, the change of his tone causing Soobin's heart to sink.

The Knight stood up from his seat at the rectangular windows that displayed the capital at night, laying beside the younger simply because his heart ached to. He looked up at the ceiling also, waiting for the blue haired to carry on his story as he looked up at the gradient of blue paint that had defined clouds smeared atop it.

"But, I still cried, because I hated it. I always got nightmares" Yeonjun chuckled lightly, curling up into a ball as he snuggled against the noirette.

Soobin felt an immediate heat rush to his cheeks, his heart beating rapidly as he hesitantly wrapped an arm around the Prince's small frame. He hated how all his mind could focus on was how the pastel pink oversized hoodie that the younger was wearing had ridden up, exposing more of his smooth milky thighs that were pressed against his.

"Wh-why?" Soobin stuttered, his blush only deepening when he realised he'd been staring at Yeonjun's thighs instead of speaking.

"I don't know, it was ages ago. I like it now, though" Yeonjun shrugged, staring at the ceiling almost as if he was cloud-gazing.

"Then what was the point of that story?" Soobin furrowed his eyebrows, his heart fluttering when the Prince broke into giggles.

"I don't know, I just missed the sound of my voice" he admitted, causing the Knight to role his eyes and playfully push the blue haired.

Yeonjun paused for a second before pushing the noirette back, Soobin not being able to hold back a smile at the sight of the younger's smirk.

"I'll spare you" the eldest teased,
refraining from starting a play fight.

"I could take you any day" Yeonjun scoffed, staring up into the older's eyes.

Soobin, in turn, looked down at Yeonjun, admiring the younger's rosy cheeks and plump pink lips and the way his large sparkly eyes looked larger whenever he blushed.

"Do you wanna hear a bedtime story?" The Knight randomly asked into the silence that had formed, watching as the other's eyes lit up cutely.