⇿ 12 ⇿

i can't believe i was thanking y'all for 4k n 400 votes last chapter n now im thanking y'all for 5k n nearly 500 votes this chap im so happy tysm. 💗💗

btw, my most comments in one chap is 23 (chap 10), let's see if we can beat it in this one 🤞🏾

Soobin let out a loud groan when he woke up, his head feeling as if it was being continuously pounded with a brick and his eyelids feeling extremely heavy. He sat up from the small white bed he was in, furrowing his eyebrows at his surroundings yet not having the time when an immense pain shot up his sides. The noirette hated how easily tears formed in his eyes, his years of harsh Knight training never preparing him for such unbearable pain-

"You're awake!" A hushed voice gasped from across the room, Soobin's eyes instantly flicking to that direction.

"Yeonjun? What- where are we?" The noirette questioned, instantly recognising who the voice belonged to.

"You're in a random room for injured people, shush, no one knows I'm here" The blue haired whispered speedily, rushing towards Soobin with worried eyes.

"They hurt you pretty bad" Yeonjun chuckled, however, there was no sign of amusement as he gently cupped the Knight's cheeks, his eyes looking a little glossy.

Soobin hated the blush that spread across his cheeks, tingles shooting down his spine. Though, he pushed his feelings aside and carefully retracted Yeonjun's hands from his cheeks, his heart sinking as he looked up at the Prince with sad eyes.

"Yeah, but I'm fine, so, go. You know you shouldn't be here" Soobin spoke, instantly contradicting his words when he grabbed Yeonjun's hands and intertwined their fingers.

"But, the nurse won't be here for a while. And-and you're really hurting-"

"It's over now. The Queen-"

"What about her? I-I thought- I thought we were friends. You're just gonna throw everything away now because you were caught?" Yeonjun questioned, the hurt that was visible though his tone causing Soobin's heart to throb.

The noirette came to his senses despite Yeonjun's words and quickly retracted himself from the Prince, knowing that them being apart was for the best despite how empty it made him feel. He knew in reality he had nothing to lose by being with Yeonjun, but he couldn't let go of his thoughts of what his mother would think of him. He couldn't disappoint her further. He had to gain the Queen's trust back and carry on his mother's dreams of being a Knight like he had always planned.

"We're still friends, Yeonjun. We just can't be around each other anymore-"

"What happened? What happened to all of your speeches about breaking the rules and chasing dreams? Does that all mean nothing now?" Yeonjun spoke softly, a pout forming onto his lips. However, it didn't feel the same as the younger's usual pouts. This one was more painful, because Soobin knew he had caused it single-handedly and he also knew he would never be able to fix it.

"I-it's different now that she knows-"

"Oh, so you can talk all you want, but just when all of your words are about to bite you in the ass, you RUN AWAY from it all?".

Soobin gulped at Yeonjun's burst of anger, his heart feeling like it was being ripped out of his chest. He bit down hard on his bottom lip as he closed his eyes for a split second, trying his hardest to keep his composure despite how jumbled up the Prince's words made his mind feel. That wasn't true, was it? Soobin didn't RUN AWAY from his words... did he?

"You-you don't know what you're saying-"

"Yes I do, and you know I do" Yeonjun simply said, crossing his arms with an unreadable expression on his face.

A silence filled the room. A silence that wrapped its venomous arms around Soobin's neck and choked him until tears formed in his eyes and he felt like he couldn't breathe anymore.

It was funny how the truth could hurt just as bad as a lie, the truth is supposed to make you open minded and see a better perspective to life. But, in Soobin's case, it was overwhelming him. He couldn't handle it. He couldn't handle the truth when all of his life he was living in a lie.

A lie he had fabricated all by himself.

"My mother's forcing me to marry a Duchess when I turn nineteen, which is in a couple days" Yeonjun informed, Soobin's heart that was already being sliced in two quickly being quartered.

He knew that he shouldn't react in such a way to the news. He had said himself they couldn't be together. He should be glad that there's a new reason added on top of the fact that their lives were on the line.

"I-"

"You don't have to say anything" Yeonjun placed a finger onto Soobin's lips, "just know that, I wanna say goodbye. I-I should've known your words were just words. Sure, they were hopeful, but they're useless and utter bullsh*t now".

Soobin felt frozen as he simply stared up at the Prince who was glancing down at him, his whole body feeling numb as the blue haired surveyed his surroundings before placing a chaste kiss onto the noirette's chapped lips. The Knight repressed the urge to kiss back as butterflies erupted like a volcano in the bottom of his stomach, knowing that it would only bring more pain if he did.

"S-sorry, I just- I wanted to do that one last time. I'll... go now" Yeonjun announced, already making his way to the door.

"See you" Soobin uttered out pathetically with a heavy heart, his back already facing the younger as he stared at the white wall that was now in front of him.

The Prince's footsteps stopped abruptly, a dry chuckle leaving his lips.

⇿ "No you won't". ⇿

idek if this chapter makes sense. tbh, i just wrote without thinking. hopefully this was ok tho 🥺🥺

p.s, updates might be coming slower cos im starting school but hopefully it won't cos i hate making u guys wait