6- Wounds

Third Person's Pov:

Because of the rehearsals it was like an everyday thing now for both of them to come face to face with each other, but both of them had learned to avoid each other's presence.

The rehearsal stage got set up once again for the collab stage and just as the song began the stage light started to swing back and forth because Younghoon's foot got entangled with one of the wires causing the light to come crashing down right on the position where Younghoon was standing.

"Younghoon!" Seohyun bellowed from the down stage.

But before the falling light could hit Younghoon the person standing in front of him, Bang Chan rushed towards him and moved him out of the way, both of them fell to the ground following by the crash of the stage light on the stage.

The shattered pieces of glass flew everywhere; couple of the fragments got stuck in to Bang Chan's hand rupturing the skin causing it to bleed.

Seohyun got off her seat and rushed towards her boyfriend with tears of fear and worry in her eyes, getting on the stage she went straight up to Younghoon checking if he is hurt or not.

Bang Chan upon cottoning on to her concern for Younghoon and her ignorance towards him made his heart ache, he eyed the crying girl with eyes bemiring with pain of being neglected by the one whom he loved whole heartily.

"Younghoon, are you okay?" Seohyun inquired touching his shoulders and chest in search for any wound.

"I am fine Seohyun I am fine, relax" Younghoon cupped the face of distressed and panicked girl while reassuring her that he is alright.

Bang Chan fluttering his lashes and biting on to his trembling lower lip got up with blood dripping from his left hand, his wounds on his soul were so deep that he wasn't being able to feel the bodily hurt.

"Hyung your hand" Hyunjin addressed him looking at his wounded hand.

"It's okay" Bang Chan brought out in low and defeated tone, his eyes were still fixed on to the female figure present in front of him.

"Let's just end the rehearsals for today" The manager announced.

The staff members came to help Younghoon get up while Seohyun held tightly onto his arm; she was fully focused on him that she failed to notice that her mere actions were greatly affecting someone.

Bang Chan clenching his jaws tightly moved his sight in the opposite direction, rigorously removing the white name tag wrapped around his chest and throwing the label on the stage,

He balled his wounded fist and got off the stage not wanting to stay there for even a single second, he treaded towards his makeup room.

He rushed inside the makeup room and closed the door behind him with a loud thud; he enwrapped his fingers around the silver door knob in order to take support from it before letting his body weight to fall freely and completely on the wooden door.

His breathing started to get uneven not only because of running but mostly because of the amount of melancholic emotions erupting inside him.

He tightly grappled his throbbing chest with the other hand and let his body slide down on the floor, he prayed for this unmanageable pang to go away but instead of fading down the pain grew even more causing the walls around his heart to constrict, he once again felt short of breath.

"Ah" Bang Chan pathetically groaned having his eyes tightly shut because of the increasing throe inside his chest.

"Why...does it h-urt so ba-d?" he uttered in a broken voice, his stammered words clearly corroborated his physical and mental state,

"Why did you come back into my life again? Why?" Bang Chan added further while hitting the door on which he had rested his caved body.

With his eyes compactly closed and his grip firmly tenured around his aching chest he tried to endure the uncontainable waves of pain he was experiencing but the poor boy just couldn't bear it anymore and soon his eyes gave way for the buildup of emotions inside him to abscond from his tear ducts.

By now his eyes were home to sentiments, spouting like a river stream, with every falling tear he felt the weight being lift off of his chest making him to feel slightly light but the feeling didn't last for long,

The memory of Seohyun's solicitude and crying for Younghoon replayed in his subconscious, the way she had protectively held on to him and had showed such aggregate of love for him made Bang Chan to clinch on his injured palm once again,

The pressure of his nails caused the ruptured vessels on his skin to schism even further causing more blood to gush out of the opened flesh.

The sudden knock on the door distracted Bang Chan. He even got a little startled as he wasn't expecting anyone to be here right now.

Bang Chan quickly used the back side of his right hand to wipe off the saline water off of his dank cheeks and lashes, his quivering hands covered his mouth just to desist himself from letting out any further sobs but his action made him feel even more suffocated,

The word 'shattered' itself lacked the adequacy to describe the state he was consigned to all because of committing the crime of loving someone so much, investing his emotions more than required and in return getting stepped on his feelings so ruthlessly weakened not only his rueful heart but his soul along with it.

The ones who had knocked were Han and Changbin the only ones among the whole group who had mustered up the courage to be with him in such a harsh time, rest of them weren't being able to see their leader, their brother in such a crumpled condition.

Han and Changbin hesitantly knocked on the door once again earning no response in return, the only voice their ears were being able to register at the moment were his muffled sobs, making the sympathetic look to smear itself around the features of the duo.

On the other hand the individual on the other side of the door was trying his best to hold back his tears but his tears were refraining themselves from being controlled by him.

Therefore, he wasn't even responding cause he didn't want them to hear his shaky voice and get the idea that he has been crying, he didn't want to come off as a weak person in front of anyone especially not in front of those who look up to him.

After stabilizing himself and pushing the misery back inside him, Bang Chan got up, mentally cursing his own self for giving her the power to rule over him and let her affect him yet again.

"I am fine, I am just changing I'll be out in 10 minutes" finally Bang Chan responded, clearing his throat and swallowing down the woe, he reassured his friends in a small and nuzzled voice.

"Hyung, please we kn-" Changbin urged with a concerned tone.

"Guys..." Bang Chan chimed in trying to get hold on his own self; he took a deep breath before adding further to his sentence."I am fine" heaving a sigh he said.

The lie he kept telling to everyone and to himself, the lie that had encaged the truth behind its walls.

"Hy-"' Han tried calling out to Bang Chan but got interrupted by Changbin's hand on his shoulder, who was signaling him to not call out to him,

"But..." Han mouthed the word with a concerned look as he looked back at Changbin.

"Let's just give him some time and not push him further" Changbin said and with that both of the friends left with a heavy heart carrying commiseration for their friend.