10 - Rookie of the year award

Third person's POV:

Bang Chan, upon parking his car outside his house, clicked his keys another time just to reassure with a beeping sound that it was locked.

He strides ahead towards the wooden barrier and twists the knob open so that he could push it with his own weight to enter. Kicking off his shoes, he lightly places them beside the door with the effort of his feet until his action was interrupted with anomalous mumbles coming from the TV lounge.

Bang Chan's body naturally gravitated towards the source of noises, leading him towards a crowd that meant his own team members.

"I'm sorry-" I.N cries with his fists rubbing the surface of his eyelids as his tear smeared face shows, leaving Bangchan astonished as soon as he entered this place.

"You're not a little boy anymore that you don't know when to keep your beak shut and when not to," Changbin rebukes I.N for mentioning Seohyun in front of Bangchan, even knowing the fact that she took a toll on him before.

I.N continues weeping like a mess when he gets scolded by Changbin since everyone was massively worried about Bangchan these days, in fact they even covered up for his reason to not going for dance practice considering how emotionally unstable he had become lately.

"Why are you blaming I.N for this when Hyunjin was there as well, he should've acted mature knowing that Bangchan was wandering around in the house," Minho perpetually blames Hyunjin for the reason of Bangchan's sudden leave with angst written across his facade.

Hyunjin, folding his arms immediately got cautious and widened his eyes at Minho's abrupt accusation, ready to throw some hands.

"Wait a second. For your kind information, do you think Bangchan wouldn't find out if we hadn't mentioned it, huh? Do you think he's a kid," Hyunjin's voice was steely as he defended himself phrasing the reality.

Minho averted his attention towards Hyunjin and grit his teeth while snapping his right fingers in front of his face as he stood quiet.

"Watch your tone first and then speak in front of me," his voice was stern as he suppressed his overflowing rage, afraid that it might lead to an outbreak.

Just before Minho could inch closer to Hyunjin to question his raw tone rise in front of him, Bangchan entered the scene.

"Hey guys stop." Bangchan fortunately tranquilized the steamed discussion that was initially filled with angst and hostility. He caused the others to purse their lips as a stagnant silence hung over the room that felt prolonged than usual.

"I-I'm sorry. Lately you guys have been disturbed because of me... so I'm sorry for that," he sluggishly responded without looking into any eyes as everyone listened to him cloaking his miseries with a spurious smile that glistened ever so brightly that only the members could tell whether it was genuine or not.

"But Chan hyung-" Changbin interrupts his talk until Bangchan cuts him off as well.

"I've ended this chapter a long while ago- and I'd like if you guys stop talking about it too, okay?" he captivated his lips between his teeth as it formed a straight line, his eyes widened as he sighed heavily while putting forward this short request.

Everyone pulled on a glum look, utterly hurt by the fact that how Bangchan was showing the world that he was fine however in reality he was just digging a hole and trying to bury himself in it just so he could hide.

He was blanketing his emotions all along.

"My priority lies within my team and I wouldn't like anyone affecting me with that," Bangchan expresses his words with a cheeky smile as his eyes tapered revealing a fresh, ecstatic yet fake self.