13- Don't leave me

Third person's POV:

Black

The day was as gloomy as it could ever be on the day of Bang Chan’s funeral. Majority of the inhabitants in that graveyard were dressed in black suits and dresses, hugging their fellows to wallow their miseries away even though there was nothing that they could do to bring the departed soul back to life.

That was one thing that stung the Stray Kids family as they mourned over the passing away of their most significant member who’d set up the foundation of this group and became the reason for their being. Felix watched as Bang Chan’s grave stood ahead of them and by the time he looked at how he wasn’t present amongst them, his features scrunched and he hugged Hyunjin who stood by his side, burying his face in his chest as a stray tear left Hyunjin’s eyes.

Seungmin and Minho kept sobbing silently while sniffing helplessly, their lips trembling as they saw their hyung’s body encased within that black box, flowers resting upon it delicately.

I.N kept burying his face in his own hands as his whole body trembled so violently when he was actually crying out loud. Changbin tried to ameliorate his state by side hugging him and softly stroking his hair.

And then there was Seohyun.

Standing under an artificial umbrella, hooding her face with the black hat that covered her head, she wept through the whole process. She couldn’t dare to look at Bang Chan’s state because it would be threatening to her own existence and she was already fighting her life so much that even crying didn’t ease out how guilty she really felt.

Her eyes grew so red that she couldn’t imagine the fire building up inside her as it burnt all the insides of her flesh causing her whole body to ache thoroughly.

Then they began initiating the lowering of Bang Chan’s body into the grave and that was when a mourning chaos engulfed the place under the dying sun.

“Don’t take him away!” I.N bawled his eyes out as they were crimson. He planned on stretching towards the box that held his hyung but was rudely stopped by his members as they embraced the weeping mess and tried calming him down even though whatever they did couldn’t change the reality.

Seohyun watched as I.N grew harsh and violent while crying his lungs out, flailing his arms in fighting back those who held him. Her eyes tapered while leading out a stream of fresh tears as her lips gapped with uneven breathing and her gaze accidentally landed onto the body which became a trauma for her once again.

“It’s all my fault,”

She gasped to herself as her mind began playing games on her. She could recall all the good memories she had with him; the part she remembered was the way he’d smile with his perfect teeth when his eyes shaped into crescents through which she imagined her whole world to look like. The time when he covered up for her not showing up to work because he got into an accident and that Seohyun stood with him, how he effortlessly made up excuses even if it costed him his own reputation, he was always ready for sacrifices.

She giggled at her own thoughts and unknowingly a smile crept across her façade.

She reminisced longingly until she couldn’t reminisce anymore.

Her heart sunk into a pit of nowhere as her shoulders dropped and this unexplainable feeling of remorse clouded her like a thunderstorm over a sea, having no place to seek refuge in but constantly hovering over, exalting yourself to merely perform the action of breathing since the act itself was so challenging.

Her eyes bulged wide with a film of tears when she saw the lowering of Bang Chan into the grave, a state of turmoil engulfing the whole place as they mourned the death of their loved one. The pack refused to say goodbye to the leader who was maybe, at a better place now but the fact that he carried pain along with his difficult life to his grave, that made it sting bad as no one was ready to believe the horror movie playing in front of them.

Seohyun cried loudly this time as she fell on the ground, knees first, suppressing her whimpering sobs as a crowd began coming to her to help.

“Don’t leave me,” she expressed her agony through cracking sobs when her cheeks hurt intensely.

Her soul was wounded the day this world departed from the lovely Bang Chan and there was nothing that could fix it any time soon…