chapter 12(edited)

Eva's pov :

" no, I think your perfect baby"

what ? did he just call me baby ? why would he do that ? I mean this is Nickolas royal that we are talking about, he is supposed to be one of the cruelest men in the world he shouldn't be calling me baby while smirking at me , I swear to god I haven't knows this man for two days but I already had a thousand heart attack because of him, I tried to keep a straight face and made sure not to blush, and the pain that shot through my shoulder made the job a lot easier , I winced in pain as I touched my slightly bloody shoulder.

"are you okay? are you in pain ? don't move around we will be there in a couple of minutes " Nickolas said with a concern all over his face as he took glances of me while driving

"it's okay it's not that bad , I have had worst " I regretted these words right away as I felt the man beside me stiffen and his hands on the wheel tightening making his knuckles go white

"how did you get the wound in the first place ?" Nickolas asked me in a cold low voice

"gunshot ... "

" gun shot ?" he looked at me with disbelief

"I was attacked a couple of days ago , that's all , but I took care of it "

"who was it ? and why were you attacked at the first place Eva ? actually who are you Eva queens ?" Nickolas stopped the car in front of a big mansion , which I would have loved to look at , but now I couldn't , but I had to pair of eyes trying to see through my soul.

"ca----an I n-not answer these questions , I really don't want to lose my job, its only my first day, and I don't want you to hate me either "

"you won't lose your job Eva , no matter what your answer is, and I won't hate you either , I don't know why , but I don't think I am capable of hating you miss queens "

I looked at his deep blue eyes , and all I saw was honesty and something else that I did not know what to call .

" I was a part of a mafia , or to be more accurate , I was supposed to be part of a mafia , but I ran away "

Nickolas didn't look that much shocked , he had a look that said I knew it or something like that , I was waiting for him to say something but he didn't which left me debating whether I should continue or not but the pain in my shoulder shot through me again which made wince in pain again .

"okay that's enough lets go in now and take care of your wound and we will talk later " Nickolas said as he got out of the car and came towards my door to open it for me , he took my hand in his and helped me inside the huge beautiful mansion , as we went inside I couldn't help but look around me in astonishment, the place was simple yet elegant with black and white décor

"welcome home nick , the doctor is already waiting for you in the living room " a middle aged woman said to Nickolas , she was looking at me with a big smile on her facing , she looked really nice , and it seems she's really close with Nickolas , after all she was calling him nick .

"thank you, Joana, let's go in " I walked behind Nickolas to the living room and on the sofa sat a middle-aged woman waiting for us

" hello doctor Santas "

" hello MR. Royal , it's been a while , how may I be of your services sir ?"

"this is Eva ,she is injured please take care of her wound she is been bleeding for a while now "

"right away sir, is there a room we can use ? it wouldn't be comfortable to take care of it here "

" yes of course "

after a while doctor santas finished taking care of my injury , she said that my stitches has opened a bit and that's all , and I should be more careful and let my shoulder heal slowly, and she told me that this is her first time for her here, usually it would be the family doctor who would come , but since he was a man Nickolas called for her to come which made me feel a bit weird actually.

after taking care of my injurie Joana came and gave me a white shirt to wear and pg. shorts ,which were big on me but I didn't mind because I hated the blood on my clothe , I talked a bit with Joana and I really liked her , she made me feel warm and safe , she told me about her husband mark and how long they have known nick for , and after a while she asked me to come and eat dinner so I can take my medicine .

"hey how are you feeling ?" Nickolas asked me the moment I went to the dining room , it took me 5 minutes to find my way around here, this place needs a map for newcomers

" I am okay thank you for everything Nikolas , you didn't have to do this much for me "

" it's okay I haven't done much , let's have dinner and after that go to sleep we have work tomorrow no slacking off in your second day "

"yes boss"

A\N

Hey guys well I hope you like this chapter and I will probably update in a couple of hours so stay tuned love you

please leave a comment and vote if you like it

thanks