Sorry my ass

Stormy POV
I push the apartment door open to find James standing there, leaning against the counter. An evil smile bloomed on his face as soon as I walked through that door. My stomach turned and ached. I couldn't bare the sight of his face when he was smiling. It made me sick.

He stalked towards me fists clenched but still the smile attached to his face. James grabbed my throat and shoved me up against the wall. Slowly lifting my feet from the ground. "Stop!" I choked, trying to slap his hands off my neck. My feet wiggling off the ground. I kick. Hitting him right where it hurts.

James collapses, using this time where he was on the ground I run downstairs. I slam the door shut. Thinking quickly I move the dresser in front of he door along with other things. Suddenly after I move back from my door a loud bang comes from outside my door. "Open the fucking door Stormy!" He yelled pounding on the door. Tears filled up in my eyes and started to roll down my cheeks. I tried to cradle myself, rocking back and forth beside my bed.

~Hours later~
I walk over from my bed towards the door I bend down to see if he was still there. I winced, for his shadow still visible. He knocked ever so slightly "Look Stormy?" He stopped to find the right words "I sorry honey, just open the door?" He sounded calm and sweet. But it was a lie.

"No." I whispered. I heard a loud crash and bang from behind the door "Why do you have to be so stubborn! You little shit just open the goddamned door!" He banged and pounded on he door continuously for hours on end. Sorry my ass. I thought.

~Morning~
I wake up my eyes swollen and red from crying myself to sleep. I woke up knowing that he would have my head if I woke him up or came out of my room for that matter. I deserve this. Something kept telling me. Even though I didn't unless you count making dinner and being the maid for years a terrible thing?

What did I do to make him this angry? What did I do wrong? Am I a bad daughter? When people treat you badly you start to believe that you deserve it. Even though deep down you know what they are doing is wrong. Going towards the door that was blocked  by my dresser I look to see if he was still there.

    He was. Guess there's no use in going anywhere today. So I plopped myself down onto my bed. I grab my favorite book. Turning the pages until I reach my personal favorite story. Reading it over and over again until I fall back into a deep sleep.

Waking up slowly I rub my eyes seeing it's becoming dark outside. I turn and realize that my door was open and my dresser was on the ground. My breaths become shallow and thin. My chest ached. I grasp my shirt where my heart is.

   "You stupid child!" The words who in my head. "Bitch!" His hurtful words stung. It hurt that my own father would do such a horrible thing. A hard, thick texture hit the side of my face. I cry out in pain. James had hit me with his belt.

"You honestly think that you could hide from me?" He cackled. James words hit me like knifes. I wanted to curl up into a ball and hide. But I knew I couldn't hide when he was around. He would always find me.

Broken. That was he one word that people would use to describe me. A broken girl. A nobody. His belt hit my skin again. I sob "Please stop!" I look in his eyes. I couldn't see a soul. I saw pure anger. The love that once filled his eyes was replaced by rage.

He hit me harder this time. James hit me again and again until my back was numb. The tears that were rushing down my face were completely dried up and gone. I leaned on my bed for support while trying to lift myself up from the ground. My shirt was soaked with blood.

     It gets worse everytime he beats me. But lately it's been so bad that I should be in intensive care. I struggle to walk back to my bed. James had left me hours ago to go to the local bar. It is almost like his daily ritual: beat me then go to he bar.

I climb into my semi warm bed, pull the covers overtop of my head and drift off into sleep once more. Hoping and praying that he wouldn't beat me in the middle of the night.