Hospital visit 2

Stormy POV
Both of the officers stared at me intently without blinking. I looked up at them as they were expecting me to say something. "Okay how about you tell us your name? And we tell you ours?" The male officer said. And I submitted "Stormy." I spoke and my voice was raspy "Stormy Knight."

"Nice that's a start!" The female said "Well my name's Officer Kate Hunter and this here is my partner Officer Jared White." She gave me a warm smile. I gave her a polite smile back. Still terrified I fiddled with my fingers. "Can you tell us what happened?" They asked again.

     "N-no." I stuttered unintentionally. "Listen to me Stormy. No one is going to hurt you!" Officer White gave me a stern look. "He already did." I said quiet enough for just them to hear. Both of them had wide eyes as I said that "Who?" They asked together "Him." I couldn't bare to say his name without breaking down into tears.

"When your ready to talk sweetheart we will be right outside his door, okay?" Kate said with a weak smile attached to her face. I nodded staring at the blanket my mind completely blank. I repositioned myself to lay down in a more comfortable position. I closed my eyes tightly wishing this was just a dream. And when I wake up everything would be back to normal.

I opened my sleepy eyes and rose from where I was. I winced my side ached and throbbed. Probably from the recent beating I had gotten- Wait! This isn't my room! Then all the memories of me talking to the officers, begging to be let go by the nursing staff. "Well," I paused and took another look around he room "Shit." I said in a calm tone.

     I drooped further into the hospital bed and pouted like a child does when they have a toy being taken away from them. As I was sulking a nurse walked with a tray, which startled me "What's that?" I asked suspiciously. "Why your breakfast of course!" She said in an energetic voice.

"Why are you bringing me breakfast?" I can't remember the last time I had breakfast or a full meal in fact. "That's part of the job miss!" She smiled a little too wide which made it seem fake. "Well then, thank you, I guess?" I didn't know how to react. I had never been treated this well before.

     I stared at he as she set the tray on a little table which she moved over me then handed me some utensils, and left. I studied what seemed to be bacon and eggs with some toast. I picked up a piece of cold bacon and placed it into my mouth. My mouth instantly started to water. It was the best bacon I've ever had. The only bacon I've ever had.

I devoured the rest of my food and the same nurse walked back in and took the tray but asked if I needed anything before she went. "No." I shook my head . And with that she left. Leaving me alone with my thoughts. I heard a knock at the door and hesitated to say come in but said it anyway. A familiar face popped thought the door.

Ashton. "What the- how'd you get in here?" I looked at him in astonishment. "I have my ways." I looked at him unamused "Okay fine, I said I was your brother!" He gave in. "I knew it!" He walked over to my bed and I slapped the back of his head. "Hey what was that for?" He shouted sarcastically "I don't know I just really wanted to hit the back of your head."

     I smiled at him teasingly. He shoved my shoulder. "All silliness set aside. What happened to you?" I knew he would ask. My face went blank. I didn't want him to think less of me. "Don't think of me differently?" I asked "Why would I ever think differently of you?" He asked almost shocked that I said those words.

"Just don't." I looked at him and he nodded his head politely.