Chapter 4

3AM

I'm bored out of my mind and can't sleep, nothing new. Usually I would go to the close by airstrip which had shut down and drift back in Washington until I felt like going home. As we were in a whole new state and I've never been in this area before, I don't know of any places that I could drive like a maniac except for the streets which I didn't feel like doing, not today at least.

Finally I came to the conclusion that I would go for a run, I usually worked out at 5am until 7 but today I'll get an extra two hours in. I quickly changed into a black hoodie which was slightly bugger than usual and a pair of track pants and slid on my skull mask because I didn't want anyone to see my face and would assume I was a dude so I won't have to kill a creep this morning.

I tied my hair in a low messy bun and pulled my hood over my head then walked out the gates giving the security nods which they returned. They knew the mask so they didn't question the shady person walking out of the house in the wee hours of the morning.

I put on one of my earbuds since I always like being aware of my surroundings and jogged down the road. It was beautifully quiet and I admired the woods which lead to the isolated mansion. When I reached the main gates I also nodded at the guards before jogging out into the road. Earlier I memorized where we came from and took the route where the streets lined with shops and buildings were.  After about ten minutes of jogging I ended up in the park we passed by earlier and sat on a bench facing the huge pond just absorbing the quiet and beautiful surroundings.

I stayed for about half an hour until I decided to head back home to hit the gym. As I jogged down the street occasionally looking at the displays through the glass in the stores I heard faint voices making me stop immediately. I took off my other earbud and stuffed it in my pocket with its pair. Whoever it was, they're we're arguing. I walked foward and stopped immediately realizing that they were infact in the ally I was about to pass by.

"Last time Chris, what did you do with the merch?" A voice growled and the sound of someone getting hit made me sigh.

Great, couldn't they have like do this tomorrow or something? I knew how this would eventually end and I knew what happened to witnesses as well. Unfortunately for me, this was the only way I knew of back home.

"I told you someone stole them," a shakey voice replied sounding as if the person was crying.

Pussy.

"Wrong answer," the first person said in a cocky turn and a fucking gunshot echoed through the allyway making me spin on my heels.

This isn't my business. The first thing my father taught me was to mind your fucking business in the street if you want to survive.

I muttered a soft nope as I spun on my heels ready to walk in the other direction. As I took a step forward I heard a footstep behind me and a something pressed against my head making me stop.

A gun no doubt.

Well, looks like I might just have to kill someone afterall.

I slowly turned around and began my show. In a swift moment I was slammed against the wall by another person who was now inches away from my face.

He wore the same mask as me and the only thing visible was his eyes. I immediately recognized who this was. I hate this fucker with my life and his stupid fucking Italian accent. 

Diablo.

Why the fuck do I keep running into this asshole? It's a whole different fucking state for gods sake!

"Not so fast you little fuck," he chuckled pushing the cold gun against my neck making me shiver.

An act so I could get my gun out of my waist with him realizing. I saw the other dude aiming his gun at me from behind the guy and I sighed rolling my eyes. The guy holding me raised his hand to my face and was about to pull my mask off but I smacked his hand away.

"Don't touch my fucking face," I growled and he furrowed his brows then glanced at the guy behind him.

"The little fucker is a little fuckette," he said surprise and I had to fight the urge to laugh because of his choice of words.

His eyes grew wide with realization and he sighed.

"Lucifer," he said acknowledging me.

"Diablo," I replied in the same tone.

"How's your shoulder?" He asked and I could tell he was grinning.

He did save my life that day but I still ended up getting shot when the bullet he shielded me from went through his shoulder and lodged in mine.

"How's your ribs?" I countered remembering another time we met.

Remember when I said we fell out if the building whike trying to escape? Well I tackled him out of the three storey building through the glass wall because we were cornered and out of ammo and it was the only option out. The look of horror in his face though was hilarious. We did land in the pool but he broke some ribs being under me.

"Fuck this, give me one good reason why I shouldn't shoot you right now and maybe, just maybe you'll leave here alive," he said placing the gun barrel to my head.

I grinned as I jammed my gun against his groin earning a small oof from him and he looked down then back at me with a raised brow. 

"Now now, you give me a good reason why I shouldn't shoot your balls off and maybe just maybe your friend won't have to explain to your family why your body is missing your balls and why it's splattered on him," I said in the same tone as him and after I said it I almost lost my shit because when I processed what I said, I wanted to laugh so bad so I'm internally dying.

However my composure was short lived as the dude behind him let out a stifled laugh and slapped his hand over his mouth even though he was wearing a mask as well and I lost it. I burst out laughing and the guy couldn't help himself and joined me.  Diablo couldn't help it either and burst out laughing as well. The three of us were in hysterics when we finally sobered up Diablo snorted sending us back into the belly aching laugh once more.

"Stop it! I'm trying to be serious here," Diablo said laughing.

"I can't," I laughed and the guy behind him facepalmed still laughing.

"Look at our position! Why is this funny!" He exclaimed earning a shrug from me as I was too winded to speak.

"For fucks sake," he sighed pushing off the wall releasing me.

"I'm being serious here love," I said getting instantly sobered and aiming my gun to his head clicking it.

He just chuckled as he still was pointing his at me.

"There's two of us and one of you, be real princess," he said and the amusement was still clear in his eyes.

"Want to see how quick its just me alone?" I asked raising a brow at him.

"I don't want to kill you anymore, I wanted to for fun but why risk a war?" he shrugged tucking the gun in his waste.

"You're really stupid," I blurted out and he laughed.

"Says the one who was speaking of my balls earlier," he said snickering making me laugh.

I lowered my weapon and sighed shaking my head.

"Well then, I'll be off if we're done here," I muttered and he nodded.

"We are," he said walking off and the guy caught up to him.

I stood there watching as they walked off. When they were out of sight I began my journey back home making sure I wasn't followed.