Chapter 28

As we pulled into the parking lot of the school the familiar feeling of disgust hit me. He never caught me skipping school and the punishment for this would be drastic. I didn't answer his call but he's not a stupid man, I'm sure he already knew I wasn't in school.

"Hey what's wrong?" Theo asked as I practically ran to my car.

"Nothing, I had a mission and I forgot, I have to go," I said getting into my car.

He nodded and watched me drive off.

I didn't want to go home but the disgust had disappeared and turnt into what it always does, me being unbithered. I usually get worked up because I know my punishments would be harsh but its never anything I can't handle. It's also inevitable but his creativity tends to impress me when it comes to punishment. So I chose not to worry if in five years I won't be in that situation, therefore I'm not putting myself through it twice.

He was standing outside as I pulled into the driveway. His hand were behind his back and he had his usual unreadable facial expression.

"Here we go," I muttered getting out of the car.

As I approached him, not letting my confidence waver he stopped me about 8ft from him. This was my fault, I am in the wrong, I deserve what I'm about to get.

"I told you to stay away from the boy, you don't listen, you skip school, I told you not to, you don't listen.....You seem to find new ways disappoint me even more than I already am having a waste of a daughter as you," he said with a stone cold face.

Well, you're not exactly a good parent asshole, you think I care about making you proud? I do whatever I do for myself. When you're old and washed up, I'll be running a mafia not you.

"How's your healing process?" He asked.

"Still a work in progress," I responded.

"Great, stand right here until I tell you to come inside. Don't move, don't sit and put you hands in the air," he commanded and I of course did what I was told.

Yep, this is going to hurt like a bitch. I got shot in my shoulder, holding it up like that is painful enough but he probably won't let me move till god knows when. He turnt his back and went inside. I know he will be watching me, so I couldn't just do what I want.

Don's POV

Fucking child never listens, reminds me of her mother. Always moving according to her wishes. I heard on the news there's going to be rain, think I'll leave her out there till tomorrow night since she likes skipping school.

I looked out my window, down at her. She never stood up to me, ever. I let her get her anger out when we're fighting because I know one day when she's had enough she'll size up to me but while I have the power over her I'll take advantage of it. Teach her what I wished my father never taught me. However it's necessary. She stood there fighting the pain and not moving. One day she'll make a great leader but as long as I'm around I'll teach her that she could control the pain, she needs to get sed to it where it doesn't even phase her. I don't want to see her squinting because it hurts, its a tell tale she's in pain, she has everything else down, the blank face the confidence but her eyes sell her out. I want to not be able to know. However she will learn that by herself.

I hadn't realize she was staring at the window being lost in my thoughts. A smile crept its way on her face and her eyes relaxed, it was almost a beautiful moment. The kid smiles through the pain, let's see how long it takes to break that smile.

I laughed as I sat down and looked at her. I waited hours, the sun began setting yet she never frowned, she was just relaxed apart from the twitching of her eyes when the pain shot through her arms. Yet they were still up in the air, never faltering. She just looked blank.

The clouds above made the setting sun disappear, the sky was covered and darkness took over. The flashing of the lightening above illuminated her, just standing there.

A loud crack of thunder shook the roof yet she stood still, unaffected by her surroundings. Then the rain came, started as a light drizzle then turnt into a bucket a drop hitting her mercilessly. She needs to learn.

I closed my eyes and let the sleep consume knowing when I woke up she would still be there just like the last time.

Hunter's POV

My body hurt, the medications had fully worn off. The rain beat down on my wound so hard I felt as if my arm was ripping off. This was the price I had to pay, so be it. Last time it rained harder, I thought the lightening would strike me but now, I wished it would. I hate him, I really do.  I'm just waiting for the after punishment, this was just the beginning. If he wasn't like this, maybe just maybe I would have been softer. Everything he did just makes me gain resentment and courage. I will not let him break me, insanity is not an option, unless it's his goal.

I would be a ruthless killing machine, sounds descent but I don't want to loose my humanity, its the only thing I have to call mine. I closed my eyes and relaxed my mind, thinking won't do me any good, its better to be blank.

The next day

"What are you doing?" He said making me open my eyes.

"Blinking," I responded calmly.

It was 8am, I counted, that what keeps me busy. The place was still damp, the rain had stopped about half an hour ago. Seems like I would be home today.

"Hands down," he commanded and I followed. The pain was worse having the blood rush to my fingers. My shoulder felt numb, so did my entire body.

"Now run, 20 laps around the house, if you stop you'll stay another day outside," he said with a cunning smile.

"Yes boss," I responded with enthusiasm making his scoff.

I began running. It didn't matter anymore, I've realized when pain gets overbearing my body goes into a state of shock making me feel absolutely nothing. I pushed myself to the limit, I ran at full speed no stopping and by the time I was done and walked back to him, the smile had returned.

"Go clean yourself up and meet me in the training room, you stink like a wet dog," he grumbled going into the house.

I waited a few minutes then made my way to my room. I stripped and immediately hit the shower, I can brush my teeth after. When I was done with everything, I went to change. I looked at my wound in the mirror. It looked so raw, and my shoulder was purple. Quickly I bandaged it and changed into appropriate clothes for fighting.

The adrenaline had died down, I could feel the soreness of my legs and my entire body but I won't let pain affect me. That's what he wants to see, so he can call me weak and pathetic.

He was waiting for me and like usual threw the wraps at me. I did the best I could to put them tightly but I felt weak.

"You loose, you don't eat," he said and I smiled.

"Fair enough," I said knowing I would loose. My body didn't want to love but giving up is not an option.